OlliN Custom Project: Ansuz Sword
Hello all! We just finished up another custom piece that we thought you might enjoy. Here is Ansuz Sword.

[ Linked Image ]

Weight: 2 lbs 11oz
Over All Length: 36 1/2"
Blade Length: 30 1/8"
Width of Blade at Hilt: 2 1/16"
Point of Balance: 4 3/4" from guard
Thickness of Blade: 1/4"

Blade: 1075 steel
Grip: leather wrap
Guard: steel
Pommel: steel / copper
Scabbard: leather / steel / silver / copper

Additional pictures can be found at our website at www.ollinsworddesign.com/osd-custom-ansuz.html In addition to this new addition to our Custom Shop, we’ve had some site revisions and updates on our site within the last month, which should make getting around a little easier. Enjoy!

Best,

Matt[/url]

Last edited by Matthew Grzybowski on Fri 05 Jan, 2007 3:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Okay you guys have to stop this. I've got to many irons in the fire (read things I've got to pay for) to be ordering another custom project right now... but you guys are forcing my hand... :)
Russ Ellis wrote:
Okay you guys have to stop this. I've got to many irons in the fire (read things I've got to pay for) to be ordering another custom project right now... but you guys are forcing my hand... :)

So Russ maybe I should just send the payment for the scabbard you will be making for my sword project with OlliN directly to them. :p :lol: O.K. that was " cruel " but you just set up the joke so well for this punch line. ;) :D ( Sorry, :cry: )

That sword does look great by the way. :cool:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Russ Ellis wrote:

So Russ maybe I should just send the payment for the scabbard you will be making for my sword project with OlliN directly to them. :p :lol: O.K. that was " cruel " but you just set up the joke so well for this punch line. ;) :D ( Sorry, :cry: )

That sword does look great by the way. :cool:

Well it certainly would save on postage. :) I've resolved not to buy ANYTHING else however no matter how good the deal until I've paid off my outstanding custom projects. That's what got me into this pickle in the first place. :)
Re: OlliN Custom Project: Ansuz Sword
Matthew Grzybowski wrote:
... another custom piece that we thought you might enjoy. Here is Ansuz Sword. ....

I sure enjoy it - the Ansuz Sword is a beauty! Thanks for sharing it with us.

The inlaid design on the pommel looks familiar - I think you have mentioned it before. Question - is the pommel one-piece or two-piece construction?

Oddly enough, I could navigate to your Ansuz page through your web site menu. I couldn't get your posted direct link to work, though. ???
The pommel is a two-part. I actually had some problems with the pommel assembly at one point, in which I had to remake the pommel cap, inlay and all. I didn't care for the problem, but I didn't really mind making a new pommel cap either.

The inlay design may be familiar due to a process walkthrough I wrote up on our website. The link and picture of the pommel cap may have been posted here at one point.
Re: OlliN Custom Project: Ansuz Sword
Matthew Grzybowski wrote:
Oddly enough, I could navigate to your Ansuz page through your web site menu. I couldn't get your posted direct link to work, though. ???

Steve,

Thanks very much for the kind words. Ugh...the url above had picked up the period I used to end the sentance. I've corrected it so now it works too.

Best,

Matt
As the owner of Ansuz, I just wanted to share my appreciation for the sword. I couldn't be happier with it. Mark's grinding is stunning to behold in person, and the sword handles like a dream. I actually can't get over how perfectly suited the sword is to me - it feels tailor made to my hand, and even with custom swords I've found that trait to be a rarity. I'll post a full review before too long, but the short version is that I can't recommend Ollin more highly - many thanks for this magnificent sword.
James A. Vargscarr wrote:
As the owner of Ansuz, I just wanted to share my appreciation for the sword. I couldn't be happier with it. Mark's grinding is stunning to behold in person, and the sword handles like a dream. I actually can't get over how perfectly suited the sword is to me - it feels tailor made to my hand, and even with custom swords I've found that trait to be a rarity. I'll post a full review before too long, but the short version is that I can't recommend Ollin more highly - many thanks for this magnificent sword.

The engraving / inlay on your sword pommel looks great and I like the design. :cool: It inspired me to consider inlays in mine also.

If you want to do an official review for the review section you should contact Nathan for the way to go about it. :D
Having had the pleasure to meet Matthew and Mark in person and handled a couple of swords smithed by Mark, I am not at all surprised by the magnificence of this sword at all :!: You bet it's a stunning sword, but in my opinion Mark was born to be a Swordsmith :!: I simply do not believe there is any limit to what he can do :!:

Sincerely

Bob
James A. Vargscarr wrote:

Congratulations! It is a beautiful sword, and your response is exactly the sort of thing that keeps me dreaming of my own custom sword project some day. I look forward to your full review.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: