Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Sorry for the bad quality of these pictures. The next sword is attributed to King Henry IV. That is a marvellous sword. Let me know what you think

Kind regrads

Manouchehr

Attachment: 76.96 KB
Pic56.JPG

Attachment: 98.54 KB
Pic57.JPG

Three viking swords. Sorry for the blurred pics.

Attachment: 72.21 KB
Pic58.JPG

Attachment: 69.42 KB
Pic59.JPG

Dear friends,

I am finished with my pictures of the museum. Paris is one of the most beautiful cities in my opinion and I love the way of life there. It was freezing cold during Christmas there, but the city was still beautiful. Look at the picture of Eifeel Tower I took and another one when I was just standing at the feet of the tower. Another picture is showing me :-)

And of course Zidane poster :-)

Kind regards

Manouchehr

Attachment: 84.02 KB
Pic60.JPG

Attachment: 84.79 KB
Pic64.JPG

Attachment: 91.54 KB
Pic62.JPG

Attachment: 84.53 KB
Pic63.JPG

If you wish, I could continue with the pictures of swords I took in other cities here.

Kind regards

Manouchehr
Manouchehr;

Thank you especially for posting the picture of Henri IV's sword. He's one of my favorite personages from history, and it's nice to see some of his possessions. Are the ovoid embellishments actually inset into the blade? Very interesting!

And I for one sure don't mind if you post more photo's, I've defninitely enjoyed seeing the one's so far. :D

Allons!

Gordon
Yes, please continue to post photos of swords from other countries!!!!!
Gordon Frye wrote:
Manouchehr;

Are the ovoid embellishments actually inset into the blade? Very interesting!

Gordon

Yes Gordon, they are inset. A marvellous blade indeed.

Regards

Manouchehr
Manouchehr M. wrote:
If you wish, I could continue with the pictures of swords I took in other cities here.

Kind regards

Manouchehr

Thanks for all those great pictures and if you have many more I'm sure we would all be very appreciative of the time and effort involved.

If you have pictures of other arms such as polearms and early hangonnes / archebuses as well as closeups of maille showing the rivets I am sure you will make a lot of people here happy. ;) :D

But any other things of interest would be appreciated as well as any impressions or comments about museum captions and if you think they are accurate to what you are seeing or know about the object(s).

And, again thanks. :cool:
I have split the posts with photos of "The National Museum of the American Indian " into their Own Topic because they do not relate to this topic (the Musée de l'Armée Paris).
Hi Manoucher

Let me know next time you'll be in Paris - I must go again to the Musée de l'Armée some time in the future - last time I couldn't visit the collections as I was too busy having an interesting conversation with the curator in chief (not that I am complaining)

Re. the Henri 4th sword : it is actually a 'calendar' sword, a gift to the King from the city of Paris, as it surrendered to him upon his conversion to Catholicism. The sword displays the list of days, with the according saints, and the months of the year - and the insets represent the said months. The sword was made along a matching Main Gauche, who's now visible at the Wallace Collection in London.

The Musée de l'Armée underwent a major change in its displays of Med/Ren Arms and Armour, and the permanent exhibits only reopened about a year ago (it had been closed since 2002). The new displays is insipred by the one used in the Hofjagd und Rustkammer in Vienna, and it was actually well-needed. It could have been better, as it is rather focusing on the 'blingy' stuff - ie things made for kings, and not the average A&A I'd rather like to see - but then again I won't complain.

And there are even more things of interest in the reserves. As always.
Fabrice Cognot wrote:
Hi Manoucher

Let me know next time you'll be in Paris - I must go again to the Musée de l'Armée some time in the future - last time I couldn't visit the collections as I was too busy having an interesting conversation with the curator in chief (not that I am complaining)

Re. the Henri 4th sword : it is actually a 'calendar' sword, a gift to the King from the city of Paris, as it surrendered to him upon his conversion to Catholicism. The sword displays the list of days, with the according saints, and the months of the year - and the insets represent the said months. The sword was made along a matching Main Gauche, who's now visible at the Wallace Collection in London.

The Musée de l'Armée underwent a major change in its displays of Med/Ren Arms and Armour, and the permanent exhibits only reopened about a year ago (it had been closed since 2002). The new displays is insipred by the one used in the Hofjagd und Rustkammer in Vienna, and it was actually well-needed. It could have been better, as it is rather focusing on the 'blingy' stuff - ie things made for kings, and not the average A&A I'd rather like to see - but then again I won't complain.

And there are even more things of interest in the reserves. As always.

Hi Fabrice,

I did not know that you live in Paris. I will surely let you know. I am very often in Paris. I love the city. Thank you for the explanation of the calendar sword. My time was short and I had to run last time when I was there. Last time I was there I had the feeling that lots of halls were closed. When I was there in 2001 I could see many more weapons.

Kind regards

Manouchehr
Hi Fabrice,

Sorry that I did not contact you this time, but I was in Paris with my family for three days. Next time I will contact you when I am there for sure. I took many pictures and I hope you gentlemen will like them.

Kind regards

Manouchehr Moshtagh Khorasani

The first is the armour and the horse bard made for Fancois I by Jörg Seusenhofer (armourer) and Degen Pirger (engraver) in 1539-1540.

This is an excellent piece really.

Attachment: 78.6 KB
Pic0002.JPG

Attachment: 93.69 KB
Pic0003.JPG

Attachment: 78.7 KB
Pic0004.JPG

Attachment: 82.15 KB
Pic0005.JPG

Attachment: 85.96 KB
Pic0006.JPG

Attachment: 61.13 KB
Pic0007.JPG

Attachment: 79.75 KB
Pic0008.JPG

One more picture of the armor

Attachment: 74.18 KB
Pic0010.JPG

Thanks, Manouchehr! It's good to be king... :cool:

Cheers!

Gordon
Gordon Frye wrote:
Thanks, Manouchehr! It's good to be king... :cool:

Cheers!

Gordon

You are welcome Gordon. It is really good to be king. This armor is truly magnificent. I will post more pictures this evening. I made pictures of excellent European arms and armor.

Kind regards

Manouchehr
Gentlemen,

This is the Lions armour related to Francois I. Milanese workshop 1540-1545.

Regards

Manouchehr

Attachment: 87.43 KB
Pic0011.JPG

Attachment: 95.44 KB
PIc0012.JPG

Attachment: 86.55 KB
Pic0013.JPG

This is the back of the Lions Armour.

Attachment: 101.48 KB
Pic0017.JPG

The next armor is the armour made for the Dauphin the future Henry II.

The work by Francesco Negroli and his brothers from the Milan, 1540.

Regards

Manouchehr

Attachment: 87.7 KB
Pic0014.JPG

Attachment: 116.11 KB
Pic0015.JPG

Attachment: 97.99 KB
PIc0016.JPG

Attachment: 105.48 KB
Pic0018.JPG

Those armours are spectacular! Thanks for posting those pictures, Manouchehr.
Steve Grisetti wrote:
Those armours are spectacular! Thanks for posting those pictures, Manouchehr.

You are welcome Steve. They are really magnificent.

The next one is a stone bow made for Catherine.

Kind regards

Manouchehr

Attachment: 80.41 KB
Pic0019.JPG

Attachment: 99.79 KB
Pic0020.JPG

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Page 4 of 20

Jump to: