Peter Johnsson book
It was suggested I ask about hit here.
Does anyone have pertinent information on the book Peter Johnsson worked on pictured on the Albion website? Couldn't make out the full title from the picture.

http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/johnsson/peter.htm

I tried a search on Amazon using Peter's name but came up blank.

Thanks
Jeff Richardson
Academia Duellatoria
Hey Jeff,

That book was made as part of the project I did on the sword of Svante Nilsson Sture in 1999. It was only printed in 500 copies and they sould out within a year or so.

Perhaps the text will be reworked for a re-print in english at some time. The idea is to add some articles on other swords and related topics making it a book on swords and the craft of swords in past and present times. For illustrations it should rely heavily on drawings showing details on originals and sketches on various principles for sword design.

So far it´s been quite a few other things higher on the priority list however...

I´d love to do it though, and I keep collecting material for this book project.

We shall see. :confused:

Last edited by Peter Johnsson on Thu 28 Dec, 2006 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
"Svante Nilson Stures svärd - ett försök till rekonstruktion"?

Swedish publication, ISBN 91-630-8170-9. The title means "Svante Nilsson Sture's Sword - an Attempt at Reconstruction". Svante was a Swedish knight of the late 15th to early 16th Centuries, and the book discusses his sword (well, duh :p). Albion also makes a recreation of the titular weapon.
Peter Johnsson wrote:
Hey Jeff,

Perhaps the text will be reworked for a re-print in english at some time. The idea is to add some articles on other swords and related topics making it a book on swords and the craft of swords in past and present times. For illustrations it should rely heavily on drawings showing details on originals and sketches on various principles for sword design.

I´d love to do it though, and I keep collecting material for this book project.

We shall see. :confused:

Peter.... that in it's reworked vision is exactly the type of book I was hoping to get my hands on. I hope you get a chance to do it. Let us know.
Well, it is in swedish language ... afaik it was printed as a museum research, it should be available at the museum that hosts that Svante Nilsson sword.
Peter,

I too would love to see you put out a book (especially in English). I think if you did, it would become a classic over-night.

Would one of the additional articles discuss the Golden Section? I would really like to hear any thoughts you are willing to share about this. Have you found it's use in any historical pieces other than the Svante sword? Fascinating topic!
Peter Johnsson wrote:
... Perhaps the text will be reworked for a re-print in english at some time. The idea is to add some articles on other swords and related topics making it a book on swords and the craft of swords in past and present times. For illustrations it should rely heavily on drawings showing details on originals and sketches on various principles for sword design. ....

Please do, Peter! I would be very interested in such a book!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: