A pewter statue
Here's a little something I treated myself to as a little christmas present. A pewter statue of William the Conqueror.
[ Linked Image ]

As I've said before, I absolutely love statues and figurines in the medieval vein. Unfortunately most of the things available are heavily based on fantasy elements, so I was happy to find these: www.pewterknights.com

Most of their offerings feature a bit of victorian era influence in their details but not too badly (like Billys furry cloak). This one is a bit over five inches in hight.
i love those things!
i have the order des hostpilars! my Ex got if for me when she was in France! they are soo neat!

Attachment: 53.86 KB
knight.jpg

These are available at a local bookstore and they are really well done except for some fantasy Vikings.
Thats a nice site, seems like the detail is good. Gives me a thought for my brother's next birthday.
Patrick,
I'm glad to see they made their way to the US. Their first arrival was in Quebec City when we held Les Médiévales de Québec 1993, and then 1995, after which they were picked up by a local bookstore chain which also offers erzats art pieces and such ( copies of pieces in the Louvres, Rodin statues, you get the picture). I once thought of getting a truckload and doing Pennsic, but didn't have the time to act on the idea, in those days the exchange rate was overwhelmingly in favor of the US dollar, and I guess it would have been profitable, but such is life... I have the Philipe Auguste, the Templar, a XIIIt th century ''Mercenary'', the archer, and as an old latin student I couldn't resist, a Roman with scutum, pilum and the works.
This company (a french company, Les Etains Du Graal) has even gone so far as to assemble a complete Round Table, and their StGeorge with the Dragon is stupendous, but a bit too expensive for me to justify if peace is to be saved in the household.
Anyway Patrick, great choice, Billy's quite the lad, and I'm sure that the coast of Normandie, and the cold damp air over the Channel, sometimes made it feasible to think that he would wear the fur lined cloak, I know I would.
Cheers,
and Merry Xmas to you and yours,
Jean-Carle
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
These are available at a local bookstore and they are really well done except for some fantasy Vikings.

Some of the viking figures have something of a Frazetta look to them, don't they? Cool but not accurate. Still cool though. ;)
Jean,

Merry X-mas to you and yours as well. We have a lot of people here this X-mas and some of them are sleeping on the floor but we're all having a great time.

These have been available here in the states for awhile but this was the first site I've found that offers the whole line. I'll definitely be getting a few more.
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Jean,

Merry X-mas to you and yours as well. We have a lot of people here this X-mas and some of them are sleeping on the floor but we're all having a great time.

These have been available here in the states for awhile but this was the first site I've found that offers the whole line. I'll definitely be getting a few more.

Nice to have a link to the whole line as I may not have seen them all. :cool:

Well, Merry Xmas. ( Again. ;) )

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: