Hi Nathan.....

This is probably not the right place for my inquiry, but I didn't know where else to ask, since I don't actually have the time to write an article just yet, but had some ideas nevertheless.

I admit that, being a fairly new member, I haven't read every single article just yet. ;) So perhaps you have already done something on this subject, or perhaps it is not relevant to the overall theme of myArmoury.com. Nevertheless, I wondered what you might think of an article that talked about homo-social bonds in (early medieval) warrior cultures? I have long been fascinated (nay, obsessed) with this topic and would relish the opportunity to delve deeper into it. I would have to do a lot more research and wouldn't be writing anything ground-breaking of course, just a synthesis of what I find. I realize that this is a really broad topic, but I was thinking to focus mainly on relations between warriors as well as between lords and thegns and such as seen through Anglo-Saxon literature/poetry (which is one of my main areas of study).

Alternately, if the above is too un-related to the topic of Arms and Armour, I would also be interested in writing something about an Anglo-Saxon warrior's view of his weapons as seen through Old English literature/poetry. Basically anything Migration-Era, Anglo-Saxon, or even Norse I would be willing to help with!

I don't really have a thesis or even a title for the above article ideas formed yet, because I wanted to run the ideas by you first before I even starting thinking of anything in detail. Over the next month or so I will be in the process of moving to Iceland, where I will be living for the next 6 months or so until I go to grad school in England next year. So starting in January/February you have a willing contributor, but only for the next 6 months or so until graduate research reclaims my life. Yay. :D