"GRENDEL" TV film on SciFi - Jan. 13th '07
Apologies if this has already been posted - didn't see it anywhere...

SciFi Original Moive, "Grendel", premiers Saturday, January 13th, 2007,
http://www.scifi.com/grendel/

Attachment: 62.29 KB
grendel_03.jpg

Beowulf and Grendel
Different movie from the Sci-Fi production, which has been discussed here already. I bought a copy and watched it twice. It is a pretty good retelling of the Beowulf story, but poorly done in spots. Overall pretty good...good enough that I bought a copy for my history major son for Christmas. The movie can be found at Best Buy, Amazon and Wal-mart.com. I will take a look at the Sci-Fi movie when it is shown to see how it compares.
Re: Beowulf and Grendel
Lin Robinson wrote:
Different movie from the Sci-Fi production, which has been discussed here already. I bought a copy and watched it twice. It is a pretty good retelling of the Beowulf story, but poorly done in spots. Overall pretty good...good enough that I bought a copy for my history major son for Christmas. The movie can be found at Best Buy, Amazon and Wal-mart.com. I will take a look at the Sci-Fi movie when it is shown to see how it compares.

Lin,
Just to be clear, you are referring to the feature film, Beowulf and Grendel, starring Gerard Butler (Beowulf), Stellan Skarsgård (Hrothgar) and Sarah Polley (Selma the witch), are you not?

-Jess

P.S. Bridges Barbecue on 74? I like it...
Yes I am...

After I wrote that I realized it was not a clear thought.

Bridges on 74 is good, but I prefer Alston Bridges on Grover St.
So, which one is better?

Jeff :)
Ill probably watch this. Im sure that they knew of the direction of the B&G movie and plan to take things a different route. Im sure they dont have the budget of the film, so it will have to be more character driven.
Jeff Larsen wrote:
So, which one is better?

Jeff :)

Alston Bridges, imho.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: