Go to page 1, 2  Next

Introducing... The Chieftain
Here it is, at last... our Early Claymore!

[ Linked Image ]

more photos here:

http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/albion/ne...n-xiia.htm

and here:

http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/albion/ne...photos.htm

Best,

Howy
You nailed it, Howy. Well done. Well done.
Very nice! Looks good; I like the detailing on the "thingy" at the center of the hilt
Hi Howy,
Very nice indeed... But...
I am looking forward to the introduction of the Valkyrja since I pre-oredered it one year ago.
Any idea of the introduction time ? Thanks.

Jean
Yet another beauty from the Albion shop. The whole design looks very ... harmonious (not sure that's quite the word I want, but close). And the execution, as always, looks very crisp.
Jean Le-Palud wrote:
Hi Howy,
Very nice indeed... But...
I am looking forward to the introduction of the Valkyrja since I pre-oredered it one year ago.
Any idea of the introduction time ? Thanks.

Jean

This thread has nothing to do with the Valkyrja. Let's leave this thread to its original purpose.
As usual, an Albion sword with beautiful, clean lines.
Only one word to use here and that's
WOW!
Now, if only I had a grand laying around to buy it. :cry:
I really like this sword. The proportions seem better than on most repo claymores I have seen. I really think you nailed this one. How does it feel in the hand, Howy? Oh man, I wish this one had been at the New York show last weekend.

Great work as always, and even more confusion as to what my next purchase will be.

Kenton
WOOOW!

I usually am no fan of "twa handit swerdies" but that one looks stunning! Lovely! :)

Cheers,
Henrik
I've been anxiously waiting to see this one since it was announced.. very cool
Now that's a nice claymore... I want it ! :)
WOOHOOO
WOW!!!!

I have had this sword on order since I saw Peter's sketch. I am glad I stood the wait. That thing is outstanding!!!
Cheers

Dave
First thought to come to my mind: "That there's a thumpin' big sword yer got ther!"

Second though was more of awe and admiration as I see another example of Albion's beautiful work. You guys are sheerly amazing.
Will the torture never end..............

This was the first design PK showed me of Albion's (nearly two years ago!) and I was set to buy one. Now of course, other things have cropped up and so I have to "find a way". Very nice Howy. Another great sword design.

-Greg
That's an absolutely beautiful design. Not my thing but absolutely beautiful. I love the detail work on the guard and the overall proportions.
Howy, how did you end up solving the production issue of the quatrefoils?
Are they cast in one piece with the guard?
Brazed or welded on afterwards?
Was a jig of some kind necessary to ensure they went on evenly?
I imagine this guard posed some unusual challenges.
Great looking sword, truly.

Brian M
Brian M wrote:
Howy, how did you end up solving the production issue of the quatrefoils?
Are they cast in one piece with the guard?
Brazed or welded on afterwards?
Was a jig of some kind necessary to ensure they went on evenly?
I imagine this guard posed some unusual challenges.
Great looking sword, truly.

Brian M

Hey Brian!

The guard is one piece - thanks to Peter's great carving job and the mold-making and wax-making talents of Harlan and Carl.

Even so, it takes about five hours of hand work with very small tools to clean up a guard casting (poor Joel and Paul).

But I think the results are worth it.

As far as handling goes - I like this sword a lot. It has a lot of "authority" in the swing. The wide guard may take some getting used to for people used to the narrower guards. But I like the way that the guard can be so big without being thick and heavy - it has a real elegance to it, (thanks to Peter.)

Best,

Howy
Hello all!

That is simply a magnificent example of an early claymore!

The smaller details look lovely; much nicer than other reproductions out there. They give the sword a simple elegance.

If I was to get a claymore, and if I had the means, the Chieftain would be the one I would want to get. (Come on, literary agents, take me on as I client! I need to sell my book so I can buy some Albions!)

Beautiful sword!

Stay safe!
I am completely with Patrick on this one. . .

. . .and may I humbly shed a tear for the brave gentlemen who have to clean up that casting ;)
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: