Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Request for Albion
Here's a quick post,

Albion, Peter, Howy, whoever- please make a single handed high middle age single handed sword with a tea cozy pommel.

Thanks,
Jeremy
While were handing out request.

It would be great to have a maestro line vikings sword for all the viking fighters out there.

I have heard rumors that the next maestro will be a viking blade, but it would be good to hear it from the makers themselves.

Regards

/Vilhelm
Since the Maestro Line swords are not yet in production, I don't think we will see any Viking trainer any time soon, but of course it would be nice. ;)
I would like to keep my post focused on MY request- a NG high middle age sword with a tea cozy pommel.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Anyone wanting to make suggestions without opening up discussions would do well to contact the maker directly.
The guys at Albion's questions/comments e-mail address have been extremely helpful, friendly, and quick to respond with me without a $ of profit. Just for that I plan on buying my next sword from them, so like Chad said, try contacting about it directly.
There has been quite a few requests for a sword with tea cosy pommel to be added to the Ng line. It seems to be a type with some strong advocates in this community. I like the swords too. Let me say just this much: it is quite possible that just such a sword will be added to the line, but you will not see any concepts or details rpresented before the current list of swords is mostly realised and put in production.
I do appreciate suggestions and requests, however. Please do not take it as you are being ignored, if there is not quick result of such requests.

I am currently doing research for several future projects and themes. This includes swords along the lines of what we already have in production, but also new types all together. Work is currently at an all time high on all fronts in product development and research (possibly only comparable to the frenzy of activity, when the next generation line first was presented).
Early iron age, bronze age and early rennaisance are in focus for projects to be developed. The line of training swords will also be expanded as soon as ever possible.

So, please bring your requests forward.
I always find it interesting to hear what you would really like to see (and really would like to order, if a good representative was available on the market).
Thanks so much Peter!

I do love those tea cozies! I could look at brazil nuts and tea cozies all day! Hmm. . . that might come across as rather strange. . . ;) :D

Jeremy
Pardon my ignorance...What's a tea cozy pommel :\ ?
Grayson C. wrote:
Pardon my ignorance...What's a tea cozy pommel :\ ?

Please check out our article on Ewart Oakeshott. Of particular relevance is the Pommel Typology.

[ Linked Image ]
Ah, Thanks, Nathan!

Hm, I never even knew pommels were classified. In that case....Maybe more Cocked Hat's? The ritter is the only one I'm aware of with this design. it would certainly be nice to see more, as I'm a big fan of this.
Grayson C. wrote:
Ah, Thanks, Nathan!

Hm, I never even knew pommels were classified. In that case....Maybe more Cocked Hat's? The ritter is the only one I'm aware of with this design. it would certainly be nice to see more, as I'm a big fan of this.

You often hear that the the Ritter is "strange" despite it being a rather classic example of its type.
The ritter is a sleeper. Those who get it often seem to be much i favour of it, but it is one of these types that have a following of a selected few.
Personally, I love this type of pommel: simple looking but very three dimensional with nice possibilities of scuplting. I do not think it is likely that IŽll make a new one soon, hovewer. The Ritter will most probably remain alone in the line for a while yet.
Well, I hope it can Last for another 2 more months. I'm saving up for one.

The Scent Stopper is another good pommel shape. where they ever on one handed swords? if so, that would be beautiful, I'd say.
Well, since Jeremy's original request has been answered and Peter Johnson has invited us to add more, I have to chime in with a request for migration era swords. I'm drooling over the double-fullered spatha that is in development and would love to see a similar blade in a fairly simple migration era hilt. :D
I would like to see a XII of simular proportions to the Count and Steward. I am a big fan of the Steward and the idea of a lenticular two handed sword not as large as the Baron or Duke. The Count and Steward share the same blade as the Ritter (and Hospitaller?) and so I am imagining the blade from the Knight lengthened a bit and put onto a longer hilt. By crudely editing the images for the Steward and Knight I have come up with the following concept picture, not to scale. (Steward is just there for reference)

Attachment: 51.52 KB
XIIa Concept2-1.PNG

Peter Johnsson wrote:
. . . .

I am currently doing research for several future projects and themes. This includes swords along the lines of what we already have in production, but also new types all together. Work is currently at an all time high on all fronts in product development and research (possibly only comparable to the frenzy of activity, when the next generation line first was presented).
Early iron age, bronze age and early rennaisance are in focus for projects to be developed. The line of training swords will also be expanded as soon as ever possible. . . . .

Early Iron Age and Bronze Age swords with NextGen attention to accuracy and detail????
Count me in for a dozen!!!
Peter Johnsson wrote:
... I am currently doing research for several future projects and themes. This includes swords along the lines of what we already have in production, but also new types all together...

Thanks for the information, Peter.

It would be terrific to see some additional Viking hilt variations (like the Petersen type K pictured) utilizing some of the blades that are currently in production.

I too will be looking forward to the Iron & Bronze Age offerings!

Attachment: 37.29 KB
DSCF1859.jpg

Peter Johnsson wrote:

Early iron age, bronze age and early rennaisance are in focus for projects to be developed. The line of training swords will also be expanded as soon as ever possible.

So, please bring your requests forward.
I always find it interesting to hear what you would really like to see (and really would like to order, if a good representative was available on the market).

Peter,

Does early iron age include La Tene Celtic, Migration Era, and Ancient Greek swords? I would particularly love to see a good reproduction xiphos and with the 300 (and possibly other Ancient Greek themed movies) comming out soon, it would probably be a good time to catch a spike in the wave of interest in ancient Greek weapons that the movie will generate.

Regards,

Ross Tippin
Well, since many of us are throwing our fantasies out there, I guess I might as well add mine:

I would love to see a complex hilted sword with a type 15a, 17, or 18 blade. I'm not sure what historical evidence there is for these blades having a complex hilt, or even if the design would be doable with the current blades albion uses, but there it is.

regards,

Michael
I too would like to see a Maestro viking age sword, prehaps with a Wheeler type VII hilt. A few migration era swords would be very tempting, along with earlier non-roman blades.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Page 1 of 3

Jump to: