Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Aluminum Wasters Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Brian Boll

Reading list: 4 books

PostPosted: Thu 30 Nov, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Aluminum Wasters         Reply with quote

As Charles Jevons of Swordcrafts does not foresee shipping new orders until 2007, might anybody know of another source of comparably priced and made aluminum waster longswords which might be able to field an order sooner?
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Thu 30 Nov, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You may want to check with Scott Wilson at Darkwood Armory. It will largely depend on whether he has anything in stock, but he does make aluminum wasters, and if they're in stock he can get it to you quickly. If not in stock, he tends to take a little while.

There is also Valentine Armouries, though I've heard many people do not care for how they balance. I've never handled one myself, so I can't say.

David Baker used to be a popular source, but I haven't heard from him in quite some time, and his website is long gone.

HistoricalHandcrafts.com
-Inspired by History, Crafted by Hand

"For practice is better than artfulness. Your exercise can do well without artfulness, but artfulness is not much good without the exercise.” -anonymous 15th century fencing master, MS 3227a
R Smith

PostPosted: Tue 05 Dec, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Aluminum Wasters         Reply with quote

Brian Boll wrote:
As Charles Jevons of Swordcrafts does not foresee shipping new orders until 2007, might anybody know of another source of comparably priced and made aluminum waster longswords which might be able to field an order sooner?

I do not think that you will find comparable quality in handling, durability and aesthetics at Charles' price range from any other source. I highly recommend waiting as 2007 is just around the corner. Wait times will be generally longer then normal for most craftsman due to the time of the year. I would imagine that orders are up and their available time is down.

"Those with wisdom loathe the one forced to defend." - Liechtenauer

Ars Gladii
Detroit, MI
Brian Boll

Reading list: 4 books

PostPosted: Tue 05 Dec, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks for the information, as I did indeed like the look and talk about the Swordcrafts.
Chris Last

Reading list: 8 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 05 Dec, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bill et al:

The Hollywood Combat Center still has a web presence, don't know if David is still taking orders though:

http://www.hollywoodcombatcenter.com/

" Hang fires are all fun and games untill someone gets their eye poked out... by charging calvary." - J.Shoemaker

Chris Last
GSM-Bristol
http://www.gsmbristol.org
Kel Rekuta

PostPosted: Tue 05 Dec, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Aluminum Wasters         Reply with quote

R Smith wrote:
Brian Boll wrote:

I do not think that you will find comparable quality in handling, durability and aesthetics at Charles' price range from any other source. I highly recommend waiting as 2007 is just around the corner. Wait times will be generally longer then normal for most craftsman due to the time of the year. I would imagine that orders are up and their available time is down.

A major tenant moved out of the building Swordcrafts operates in. The building is under renovations, with his shop being relocated within the building. Its not an overnight job... Worried

Don't worry. Save your $$ for the best AL sword simulator on the market. Charles will be back at the grindstone ASAP in late December or early January.

No I'm not a commission salesman, just a satisfied client and drinking buddy. Laughing Out Loud
Neil T
Industry Professional

Reading list: 30 books

PostPosted: Sun 18 Nov, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Its been a few years since this thread was started but does anyone know if Charles is still producing aluminium wasters at all? I tried emailing him a few weeks back about it but haven't had a reply yet.
Would love to own one, and even more to be able to supply them to the UK.

Thanks in advance.

Neil aka Sigwulf

www.northernforge.co.uk
info.northernforge@gmail.com
Twitter: @NorthernForge
FB: www.facebook.com/likenorthernforge
Kel Rekuta

PostPosted: Sun 18 Nov, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sitting in my shop right next to his at the moment, we just finished supper. Yes, he's still making all kinds of AL sword and knife simulators. He is waiting on materials for a bulk order of longswords then is making some hook knives for an escrima group. If you haven't heard back then he must not have gotten your message. Try again; if you don't get a response in a day or two, PM me.
Neil T
Industry Professional

Reading list: 30 books

PostPosted: Mon 19 Nov, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Will do. Thanks Kel.
Neil aka Sigwulf

www.northernforge.co.uk
info.northernforge@gmail.com
Twitter: @NorthernForge
FB: www.facebook.com/likenorthernforge

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Aluminum Wasters
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic