Aluminum Wasters
As Charles Jevons of Swordcrafts does not foresee shipping new orders until 2007, might anybody know of another source of comparably priced and made aluminum waster longswords which might be able to field an order sooner?
You may want to check with Scott Wilson at Darkwood Armory. It will largely depend on whether he has anything in stock, but he does make aluminum wasters, and if they're in stock he can get it to you quickly. If not in stock, he tends to take a little while.

There is also Valentine Armouries, though I've heard many people do not care for how they balance. I've never handled one myself, so I can't say.

David Baker used to be a popular source, but I haven't heard from him in quite some time, and his website is long gone.
Re: Aluminum Wasters
Brian Boll wrote:
As Charles Jevons of Swordcrafts does not foresee shipping new orders until 2007, might anybody know of another source of comparably priced and made aluminum waster longswords which might be able to field an order sooner?

I do not think that you will find comparable quality in handling, durability and aesthetics at Charles' price range from any other source. I highly recommend waiting as 2007 is just around the corner. Wait times will be generally longer then normal for most craftsman due to the time of the year. I would imagine that orders are up and their available time is down.
Thanks for the information, as I did indeed like the look and talk about the Swordcrafts.
Bill et al:

The Hollywood Combat Center still has a web presence, don't know if David is still taking orders though:

http://www.hollywoodcombatcenter.com/
Re: Aluminum Wasters
R Smith wrote:
Brian Boll wrote:

I do not think that you will find comparable quality in handling, durability and aesthetics at Charles' price range from any other source. I highly recommend waiting as 2007 is just around the corner. Wait times will be generally longer then normal for most craftsman due to the time of the year. I would imagine that orders are up and their available time is down.

A major tenant moved out of the building Swordcrafts operates in. The building is under renovations, with his shop being relocated within the building. Its not an overnight job... :\

Don't worry. Save your $$ for the best AL sword simulator on the market. Charles will be back at the grindstone ASAP in late December or early January.

No I'm not a commission salesman, just a satisfied client and drinking buddy. :lol:
Its been a few years since this thread was started but does anyone know if Charles is still producing aluminium wasters at all? I tried emailing him a few weeks back about it but haven't had a reply yet.
Would love to own one, and even more to be able to supply them to the UK.

Thanks in advance.
Sitting in my shop right next to his at the moment, we just finished supper. Yes, he's still making all kinds of AL sword and knife simulators. He is waiting on materials for a bulk order of longswords then is making some hook knives for an escrima group. If you haven't heard back then he must not have gotten your message. Try again; if you don't get a response in a day or two, PM me.
Will do. Thanks Kel.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: