Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Colt 1855/Brazil Navy BayonetRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Michael Mercier

Reading list: 6 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 27 Nov, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Colt 1855/Brazil Navy Bayonet         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I am selling a Colt Model 1855 "revolving carbine bayonet" better known as the Brazilian Naval bayonet. The blade was, I believe, chrome plated at one time for parade purposes, probably when it was new and therefore, it is extremely clean for its age. The plating is starting to flake off showing a blade just as shiny.

This is the rarer "white metal" grip variety. It is not brass. It has the number 4986 stamped on the butt, and Schnitzler & Kirschbaum's S&K on one side of the blade and and anchor with D C on the opposite.

According the the arms2armour website it is described as:

"This sword bayonet was originally produced to fit the Brazilian Naval Rifle (almost identical to the British Pattern 1856 Sergeant's Rifle, made in Liege, Belgium); also believed sold with the US Model 1855 Colt Revolving Artillery Carbine (of which perhaps no more than 200 of these carbines were made). According to R.L. Wilson's The Book of Colt Firearms this was the "rarest distinct variation in the carbine series." He further states that, "bayonets measure 28-3/4" overall and are marked S&K (Schnitzler & Kirschbaum). They have iron cross-guards and brass hilts. Locking stud and spring of iron. Blade measured 24-5/16" in length by 1-1/8" in width. Some were marked F.H. on the ricasso, instead of the marking noted above. Produced in Europe, probably Germany."

According to the Standard Catalog of Firearms by Ned Schwing & Herbert Houze "these Liege made rifles were supposedly made for the Brazilian Government, but at the beginning of the American Civil War they were diverted to the United States, about 10,000 being imported."

I am asking $275 OBO +shipping

Attachment: 82.66 KB
bayonet1.JPG

Attachment: 82.79 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 87.09 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 84.79 KB
[ Download ]

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Colt 1855/Brazil Navy BayonetRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic