Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

M. Eversberg II wrote:
Well, they are most defiantly looking good; Both have the peened pommels, right?

And did you ever decide on a name for that line?

As for naming the AT1421 remake... I'm guessing it's a 15th century pattern sword, so how about the Grunwald after the battle of Grunwald in 1410? Or The Agincourt after that battle? (Both events predate 1421) Or how about "The Sword of the Arc" in honour of Joan of Arc (1429)?

M.

Hi M

Well, XIII.1 in "Records" is dated by Oakeshott between 1200AD and 1300AD. So I was kinda thinkin' the early part of the 14th century. One of the reasons this sword isn't finished yet, is I can still swap out the guard........ but aesthetically, I like this guard on it........

Way back when, originally, XIII.1 was a large part of the inspiration for this sword. That, and I had some pretty good specs on a couple of swords that could be XIII's, or short XIIIa's.........

Agincourt has been used quite a bit as a name, WS uses it, and so does Albion......... I'd rather not use that, just for that reason.......
These might be a big hit, Gus. There seems to be a lot of interest at this stage anyway, I hope it takes off when you start finishing some of them up. Did I read something about a multiple-fullered model?

Peening a tang is usually a little stressful for me, in fact if I am making a piece for myself the permanent assembly may wait for months or even years in some cases while I study and adjust it gradually. I find that even after a lot of study and handling, I can put a piece down for a week or three, pick it up again, and notice something that I hadn't before. If I rush the final steps even a little I am sure to regret it soon after putting the hammer down. Patience is the better part of craftsmanship when it comes to subtle details, at least for me...
Angus Trim wrote:
M. Eversberg II wrote:
Well, they are most defiantly looking good; Both have the peened pommels, right?

And did you ever decide on a name for that line?

As for naming the AT1421 remake... I'm guessing it's a 15th century pattern sword, so how about the Grunwald after the battle of Grunwald in 1410? Or The Agincourt after that battle? (Both events predate 1421) Or how about "The Sword of the Arc" in honour of Joan of Arc (1429)?

M.

Hi M

Well, XIII.1 in "Records" is dated by Oakeshott between 1200AD and 1300AD. So I was kinda thinkin' the early part of the 14th century. One of the reasons this sword isn't finished yet, is I can still swap out the guard........ but aesthetically, I like this guard on it........

Way back when, originally, XIII.1 was a large part of the inspiration for this sword. That, and I had some pretty good specs on a couple of swords that could be XIII's, or short XIIIa's.........

Agincourt has been used quite a bit as a name, WS uses it, and so does Albion......... I'd rather not use that, just for that reason.......

True, Albion does use it. Nobody, AFAIK, uses Grunwald, or Sword of the Arc; however you did say it is a 13th century sword, not a 15th century one (the 1421 was misleading, I apologize).

M.
The old numbering model was century/ model #.

In other words, the AT1421 would be 14th century {1300s}, 21st model..........
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: