Great photos, thanks for sharing!
Great photos! Where the heck are the rest of them? One happened when he reached the guy? A pitched battle? Sit down and share a beer? Tripped on a root along the way? Yeah I was getting into the story... :)
Russ Ellis wrote:
Great photos! Where the heck are the rest of them? One happened when he reached the guy? A pitched battle? Sit down and share a beer? Tripped on a root along the way? Yeah I was getting into the story... :)
I agree with Russ. You can't leave us hanging like that! :lol: So, my theory is that it was a trap. The guy by the fire was really a mannequin. The Danes were captured and forced to drink Swedish beer. And they all lived happily ever after ....
hehe sorry guys, the main focus was not on story-telling, it was done pretty much on an impulse. This was just a few pics from the whole thing, the rest focused more on the equipment and the mood of the day..
And we didnt want a mock fight cos they mostly end up looking tacky, so we left it unsaid.
But my though of what happened next is; i, one of the swedish patrolling the woods, (the danes are wearing red and black/yellow) get careless (thinking of past danish violations perhapse..;) and set off into the danish camp, put an axe in the back of the guard, only to find the rest of the danish army behind the hill....

But thats just my thoughts, might have ended any other way...
Looks like a lot of forest raidery fun was being had . . . . .
Steve,
I hope the Danes brought that Swedish beer with them. They could never have lived happily ever after if
they didn't because after a few rounds they would have needed to go sack a town to pay the bar tab. Have
you ever bought a beer in Sweden? Yikes $$$$$$
Douglas G. wrote:
Steve,
I hope the Danes brought that Swedish beer with them. They could never have lived happily ever after if
they didn't because after a few rounds they would have needed to go sack a town to pay the bar tab. Have
you ever bought a beer in Sweden? Yikes $$$$$$

Yep...It's bad. :(

Beer is ridiculously expensive here. Our only comfort is that beer in Norway is even more expensive.

The norweigans come to Sweden to buy beer, we go to Denmark and the Danes can stay at home drinking their cheap beer for the money they made of their northern neighbours. :cry:

maybe we need to see a photo series named "Swedes in Danish bars".....or maybe we don't....it would not be pretty.
Ville,
I'll never forget a cab ride in Kobenhaven (sp?) As we were driving we saw groups of cheery
groups of guys walking with linked arms and singing boisterous songs. I said to the cab driver
I had no idea what a happy bunch the Danes were. He replied "Oh no, those are Swedes who've
come over on the ferry to have pub crawls here because it's too expensive there!"
I wonder if thats why my Granddad left Lidkjoping..................

Best,
Doug Gentner
Quote:
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p19/De-Profundis/13.jpg

You're flies are open...
Martin Wilkinson wrote:
Quote:
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p19/De-Profundis/13.jpg

You're flies are open...

Ah, zippers: Late 19th or early 20th century I believe ....... so too early for that solution. ;) :lol:

Well at least the Braies are giving good service. :D

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: