Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Suggestions, Requests and Support > Problems posting Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Bill Tsafa

PostPosted: Sun 12 Nov, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Problems posting         Reply with quote

I often have trouble posting in this forum. Often I log in, type, post... but then I am asked for a log in again. When I type the login info, I loose all my work. I have to go through this a few times before I am able to post what I want. Is this just me??? or are other people having the same problem.
No athlete/youth can fight tenaciously who has never received any blows: he must see his blood flow and hear his teeth crack... then he will be ready for battle.
Roger of Hoveden, 1174-1201
www.poconoshooting.com
www.poconogym.com
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Sun 12 Nov, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems posting         Reply with quote

Vassilis Tsafatinos wrote:
I often have trouble posting in this forum. Often I log in, type, post... but then I am asked for a log in again. When I type the login info, I loose all my work. I have to go through this a few times before I am able to post what I want. Is this just me??? or are other people having the same problem.

Not often but it has happened a couple of times I can remember in a way that sounds similar to your question.

One thing to try if you lost a long post you just typed out is to click the back arrow ( Show previous page on your P.C. )
after you re-login: In a case like this you are loged again and if you can get back to your text 1 or 2 page back re-submit it.

Worked for me when I had to login. Wink

Another thing is to save your text to your mail program or some other word processing program as a draft before re-login or after re-login ( Depending if you can get your original back before and/or after re-loging. ) The idea being to save a temporary safety copy of a very long post as soon as you can if something goes wrong or even better just save it before even trying to submit.

There may be others who know more about this and why it may be happening to you and may have better fixes for the problem.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sun 12 Nov, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

When you log-in, you are given the option to "Log me on automatically each visit". if you do not choose this option, your login session will time out after a period of inactivity. I don't know the exact period of time off the top of my head, but it may be 30-60 minutes. If you take longer than the timeout period in your posting screen, you will have been logged out and need to login again. This is normal behavior.

The solution? Keep yourself logged in by either selecting the option indicated above, or ensure you make periodic and regular "previews" or something else that keeps you "talking" to the site.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Suggestions, Requests and Support > Problems posting
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic