[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
Re: Riding Sword
Randal Graham wrote:
New one on the bench...

The lines are sleek and clean, but it's the details, like the figured wood grip and pattern-welded blade that really reel you in! I like it! :cool:
Beautiful work! I love the detail on the guard.

Best,

Howy
So nice ! Is it possible to get some measurements ?

I like the pattern-welded blade especially...
Nice work
Hey Randal,

That is beautiful. Nice pattern on the blade!!!
Hugo Voisine wrote:
So nice ! Is it possible to get some measurements ?

I like the pattern-welded blade especially...

26 inch blade, other than that, can't tell ya, havn't measured anything else yet.
Really nice and attractive design, execution and finish. :cool:
Randal!

That is a nice one!
Good work.

It reminds me a little of the irish sword you made a few years back, but this ne might actually be even nicer.
I especially like the way you detailed the S-curved grip. The small hollows lend crisp elegance to it all.
This new sword is a very pretty package. All the details work well together.
I agree with Peter; this sword reminds me of the little Irish a while back. . . and I really liked that one too :cool: .

I like the subtle angles in the guard, and the pattern in the blade is very nice. I was wondering if there are a few more shots highlighting the pommel - it just doesn't come across as well as some of the other details in these photos.

Also, for inquiring minds, is this piece available or does it already have a home :)
I'm a sunshine photographer, although, apply that term loosely, apparantly we're supposed to get some sun later today and I'll change out the photographs and get some more detail on the hilt, there's certainly more than I've been able to get on the bench under the flourecents.

Yes, it's available, I'll post a link directly to the pertinent information;
http://www.rhgraham.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=380
I hope this is ok with admin...

Yeah, quite similar to the irish ring-hilt, I thouroughly enjoy working with files and doing faceting and file-work details, biggest problem is being able to stop at some point.

Very happy ya'll dig it, thanks very much....
That's one of the handsomest swords of that type that I've seen.
Got any more pictures?
-Wilhelm
Randall, one word. "Elegant!"

WOW!

Bob
I put this sword back on the rack this week with a "christmas sale" price, of $2700.
If anyone is interested you can take a look here; http://www.rhgraham.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=380

I got totally side-tracked on other behind projects since I posted this originally, I will have some better pics and measurements eventually... and thanks for the kind words on it in any case!
Finally got some sun and a chance to add some detail pics of pattern and hiltwork;

[ Linked Image ]

http://www.rhgraham.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=380
THis one has been sold... thanks for looking and all the great questions on it everybody.
It's the firs time I see it.This is one of the most elegant and dangerous-looking swords I've seen..I really like proportions of the blade..

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: