The Coventry Sallet.
OK All,
tried to find out information but not as yet.
Would any body know how heavy the ORIGINAL Coventry Sallet weigh`s also on the picture there is a hole near the top also a cut mark or another hole on the top.
ThanksTony.
i'll look today for the weight for you. but the holes in the top are for a plumb holder i believe. i have seen a few reconstructed ones with a ball attached and then the plumbs coming out of it.
Hello all!

Tony,
It's just a thought, but have you considered contacting the Herbert Art Gallery and Museum in Coventry directly? They have an e-mail address on their web site. If the helmet is still located there, they may be able to give you some information about it, or guide you somewhere where you can find it.
The Herbert Museum's e-mail is:
info@theherbert.org

Worse thing they could do is either not respond or tell you they don't have any information for you!

Just a thought!

Stay safe!
Thanks both for that, I will e-mail.
Tony.
In The Mets reserve collection is an open faced sallet of the same skull form, with brow reinforce but the tail of a seperate lame that weights in at 3lbs. 13oz. Not exactly what your looking for but maybe some sort of ballpark figure to start with.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: