Finally ! The October A&A Highlight Item
Finally ! The October A&A Highlight Item

Happy October to all. Between the end of the Fair season and some big projects we have been over whelmed of late but the smoke is clearing.

We are a bit late on our start for this months Highlight Item, but it is finely here. An Arms & Armor classic, the #089 Duke of Urbino Sword is our special this month. This is a stout single-handed sword with a sharply tapered blade. Effective in the cut and the thrust, it is a great sword for the armored warrior. The hilt is mounted with a wheel pommel and a straight guard with the ends just turned down slightly. One can see the original of this piece in Record of the Medieval Sword by Ewart Oakehsott.

Attachment: 31.39 KB
smDofUpicforHL.jpg

Darn you Craig! Never looked hard at that one before... now I am...
I love the new turned down guard. Any more pics of it?
Darn it, this sword keeps escaping me! Last time it got away from me it was because the Irish Sword won out in a close match! But with this new downward turned crossguard I am glad that it has eluded me and once again even with this great deal it's getting away because I have a custom Rondel from Arms & Armor in the works and I've just ordered two very expensive books and an instructional dvd on the German Longsword, so regretfully once again I have to let this beautiful sword that I have handled many times slip on by once again! :(

Bob
I saw this on the A&A site the other day, but didn't want to steal Craig's thunder. I like the new guard, since it is more like the original (Records XV.12)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: