Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Albion Discerner Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Sun 24 Sep, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Albion Discerner         Reply with quote

In another thread under Makers and Manufacturers in relation to the Announcement of the Vassal, I mentioned that I'd had the opportunity to handle the Discerner, which was to my total happy surprise! Simply put, this sword is elegant, although it has a large pommel and crossguard, this is a large hilted sword but this all translates into making the blade feel weightless and when you hold the flat of the blade horizontal to the floor at the crossguard and hit the pommel the liveliness is utterly amazing.
This sword is currently up for sale at www.kultofathena.com but Ryan the owner is thinking of keeping it for himself, so if anyone wants it, I would not waste too much time because when I was there Friday, Ryan was avidly falling in love with the sword!
This one is a real beauty, sure wish I had the money to afford it but I just plain do not have it. Besides, my next dream sword after having my dreams totally fulfilled with the Vassal, is next year's King Edward III Sword from Arms & Armor with a little something special done to it then off to Triton Scabbards for Russ Ellis to give it the all out Trident Line dress up.

Handling the Discerner was a pleasure I thought I'd never get to encounter and I envy the person who acquires it, happily though. I am always very happy for all my Fellow Knights of the Sword when they acquire something!
It really does make me happy to see my fellow Knights get that sword they have been waiting for, I take a real personal joy in these things!

I salute all of you!

Bob
Alex Oster

PostPosted: Sun 24 Sep, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

He must have decided to keep it; I couldn't find it listed there. I know I'd keep it. Big Grin Though there would have to be a better than $25 average saving through him for me to jump on it right at the moment... Though I must have one soon... soon.... my precious.... Big Grin
The pen is mightier than the sword, especially since it can get past security and be stabbed it into a jugular.
This site would be better if everytime I clicked submit... I got to hear a whip crack!
My collection: Various Blades & Conan related
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Mon 25 Sep, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Alex, he just has not listed it yet. My advice, email him about it. It's there, I am sure it is for sale. I think. Laughing Out Loud

Bob

Oh yeah, they are closed on Sundays and Mondays.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Albion Discerner
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic