Go to page 1, 2  Next

Introducing... The Kingmaker
The guys just finished up the first of these swords at the end of Peter's visit..

[ Linked Image ]

more photos here:

http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/albion/ne...photos.htm

Specifications
Overall length: 39.25" (99.7 cm)
Blade length: 32.25" (81.9 cm)
Blade width: 1.87" (4.75 cm)
CoG: 4.25" (10.58 cm)
CoP: 19.75" (50.2 cm)
Weight: 2 lbs 13 oz (1.275 kg)

Best,

Howy
That's a rather different sword from the one first envisioned. What is it now, an XVIIIa? Still, another home run for Albion.

For medallion or coin fitting purposes, I wonder what is the diameter of the pommel recess?

Last edited by Roger Hooper on Wed 13 Sep, 2006 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Now that is nice!!

It's been a while since a sword really made me go 'oehhhhh'. This one does.
Albion certainly doesn't disappoint! This sword looks terrific! I thought it would be shorter from looking at the drawing..... I'm not a big fan of type XVIII swords, but this is outstanding. You guys just seem to get better and better. Kudos.
Roger Hooper wrote:
For medallion or coin fitting purposes, I wonder what is the diameter of the pommel recess?

Approximately 0.84 inches.
I really loving the kingmaker, that's a great sword. :D

-James
Aaron Schnatterly wrote:
Roger Hooper wrote:

Approximately 0.84 inches.

That is around the size of a nickel.
I've been waiting eagerly to see this one in production as it's a classic late-medieval pattern. That pommel definitely looks ready for something to personalize it and that's a good choice of grip color too. I can see this one on my list for the future.
Definately looks thinner than the drawing, but no objections here. I like it a lot more than I thought I would when it was a drawing! Great job guys!
Oh my, that's beautiful! Henry V would be very proud!
Edward Hitchens wrote:
Oh my, that's beautiful! Henry V would be very proud!

Ted,
The Kingmaker is really not meant to be a repro of the Henry V sword. The proportions are different (the blade is around 5 inches longer on the Kingmaker, for instance) and that guard/pommel combo was relatively common in the 15th century. It's a fine sword on its own, though, and I'm happy to see it in production. :)
Got the tracking number on mine today. I went with the light brown grip. Can't wait to get it! A fine example of a type XVIII. It looks pretty slick!

Roger: It has similar stats (and look) to XVIII.3, though some of the XVIIIa's are longer, some are shorter...
That's another beautiful sword Howy! Not to be rude, but does this mean the "Vassal" is up next?

:lol: I am chomping at the bit for the Vassal and my wife is about ready to place an order for a "Great Ape Cage"!

I have the Arms & Armor King Henry V Sword and I love this type of sword!

Your "Kingmaker" is very classy to say the least! To say this sword is anything less than beautiful would be an insult.

You've done it again! Another Lovely sword indeed!

In fact, the Kingmaker is Majestic!

Sincerely,

Bob
wow
i wasn't keen on the drawing but the finished product is great
warwick castle is arguable the catalist for geting into medieval history, i'm glade you do old richard neville justice.
Re: Introducing... The Kingmaker
Howard Waddell wrote:
The guys just finished up the first of these swords at the end of Peter's visit..

This one was a very pleasant surprise-- I was initially expecting another short-&-wide XVIII, as per the Henry V sword...

Instead, the final version sort of blurs the lines between Arming sword and Riding sword-- overall, quite unique and pleasant!
Very nice. Dittos what everyone else is saying! Another winner for sure.
Ditto: Great looking sword. :cool: How thick is the blade near the guard ? It looks like a fairly stiff blade.
Well, it certainly looks tasty.
you know, in all honosty, I was really not looking forward to this sword, but now that i have seen it, it's quite the attractive little morsel.
Mine just arrived. No time right now to say more than it's mighty pretty. Pictures will follow soon.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: