Interesting Contest
Sure they're just wallhangers, but I think it's a clear sign of our obsession going mainstream:

http://hasbro.ed4.net/lotr/promo/index.cfm?l=3439752
Wait a second...these ARE the United Cutlery reproductions, right? They word it like these are the actual weapons the actors used during the movie..
Martin B. Taylor wrote:
Wait a second...these ARE the United Cutlery reproductions, right? They word it like these are the actual weapons the actors used during the movie..

Here is what they have to say in the contest rules section:

"One of the following authentic props from the film "The Return of the King" (together with certificate of authenticity): ..."

They have put a value of $1,000 on each of the weapons they are giving away, and state that each is "permanently" encased in an acrylic container.

-Ken
Martin B. Taylor wrote:

AFAIK nobody has yet made reproductions for Theoden's, Eowyn's, or Faramir's swords.
Actually, I have heard that replicas of Eowyn's and Theoden's sword are out there. Saw several swords of Theoden on eBay just yesterday for preorder, actually. But there was never a Faramir sword mentioned, which I happen to like...

Well, uh...strange. Why would they want to give away these with a board game company? To a (mostly) kids market?...
I think they said something about them being stunt swords so they may just be aluminum bladed sword shaped things used during filming...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: