Templar Day Sale - X and Xa Swords
We are having a sale in remembrance of the infamous day, Friday, October 13th, 1307, when the Knights Templar across France were simultaneously arrested by agents of King Philip the Fair, to later be tortured into admitting heresy.

Until Friday, October 13th, 2006, all NextGen swords from this period are on sale for 10% off the usual price:

The Norman
The Senlac
The Templar
The Reeve
The Bayeux
The Oakeshott
The Chevalier
The Hospitaller

I guess you could also call this the "X and Xa Ten Day 10% Sale"...

Best,

Howy
Hi Howy,

Thanks for the another good opportunity to save a bit!

Question: Does the military discount apply in conjuction with this sale for extra savings?

For those who might not have seen it: http://www.albion-swords.com/albion-supports-our-troops.htm

By the way, BIG props to Albion for supporting those who have served!

Best,

Matt
Matt G wrote:
Hi Howy,

Thanks for the another good opportunity to save a bit!

Question: Does the military discount apply in conjuction with this sale for extra savings?

For those who might not have seen it: http://www.albion-swords.com/albion-supports-our-troops.htm

By the way, BIG props to Albion for supporting those who have served!

Best,

Matt

Yes it does!

My Dad was a 20 year Marine, so our vets and our active service members mean a lot to me. In my opinion, our country can't do enough for the men and women (and their families) that have sacrificed so much.

Best,

Howy
Uh-oh, I hadn't seen the military discount. I guess I have 6 months to buy a bunch of swords. :D

-Grey
Howard Waddell wrote:

Yes it does!

My Dad was a 20 year Marine, so our vets and our active service members mean a lot to me. In my opinion, our country can't do enough for the men and women (and their families) that have sacrificed so much.

Best,

Howy

You guys are awesome! I'm gonna call Mike this week and place my order. Thanks again Howy!

Greyson Brown wrote:
Uh-oh, I hadn't seen the military discount. I guess I have 6 months to buy a bunch of swords.

-Grey

Grey, the discount applies to active and prior service so you are covered either way... But don't let me get in the way of you buying your swords. :D ;)
Matt G wrote:

Greyson Brown wrote:
Uh-oh, I hadn't seen the military discount. I guess I have 6 months to buy a bunch of swords.

-Grey

Grey, the discount applies to active and prior service so you are covered either way... But don't let me get in the way of you buying your swords. :D ;)

It's nice to know that prior service is covered in this, as I served for nine years in the U.S. Navy (wish I'd known about this when I bought my Crecy earlier this year). Not many companies are willing to recognize veterans who served but are now discharged honorably without them being 20-year+ retirees.
Edit: Wait, I just checked Albion's site and it says:

Quote:
Active and Retired Service Men and Women get a 10% Discount on Albion Products.
Contact Mike at Albion Customer Service for more information.

Emphasis mine.

Does this mean there is no love for us non-retired prior-service vets?
Jonathan Blair wrote:

Quote:

Emphasis mine.

Just a matter of terminology - as long as you served, you are in.

Best,

Howy
Howard Waddell wrote:
Jonathan Blair wrote:

Quote:

Emphasis mine.

Best,

Howy

:cool: Cool, thanks!

Time to start savin'
Howard Waddell wrote:
Jonathan Blair wrote:

Quote:

Emphasis mine.

Best,

Howy

Thanks Howy! I had the assumed the same as Jonathan. I've gone through several VA benefits briefings, etc. lately, and they tend to draw a big distinction between those who are retired and those who simply ETS (End Time in Service) after completing their obligation.

-Grey
Howard Waddell wrote:
Jonathan Blair wrote:

Quote:

Emphasis mine.

Best,

Howy

I guess one year of Army ROTC in college probably doesn't count, huh? :lol:

While I am not a veteran, and won't receive this benefit, I appreciate Albion's support of our service men and women.
ehhee i'm a navy brat does that count for something? hahaha maybe .009 of 1% off? haha jkjk ;)
I have to say this one thread has made my whole entire time spent here at myArmoury.com throughout the past worth it. Here's why:

As an enthusiast I can honestly say that I do not think there is anything better than an Albion sword. Fit and finish are excellent for a "real" sword that you can actually use like a sword. With enough historical accuracy in construction to feel historically correct, but with enough modern techniques used to ensure a piece that will meet the modern sword enthusiast's quality standards without sacrificing authenticity. More expensive doesn't equate to better in our hobby either, so cost is also a factor.

As a collector of historical artifacts, I can honestly say that to own an actual piece of history like the types of swords Albion recreates would not only be financially impossible for all but wealthy (or fanatic) collectors, it would also be a travesty to put such a piece away in your home where nobody but you could enjoy it. Further, original historical relics are often fragile if not in sturdiness then in finish. Hundreds of years worth of time will do that to just about anything man made. To cause even the slightest damage would be an unforgivable travesty. So, an original historical sword is not something to actually use as a sword or even practically own.

These two factors add up to one thing: The exacting quality, historically realistic recreations of Albion are in my opinion the best swords money can buy, weather you are a collector or an enthusiast. This is truly a golden age of sword collecting my friends! Enjoy it while it lasts! I've bought seven Albion swords over the past year and each and every one blew me away. I actually feel that our hobby is unique in having the best makers in the business being more concerned with quality and authenticity rather than the bottom line, and that goes for more than just Albion (though IMHO they are simply the best).

....and the best part of all this is that since I read this forum thread today I discovered, like others, that my years of military service can garner me a discount!

Wars and politics be damned, all is right this day in Scott's world. :)

Thanks myArmoury.com, Albion Swords and you guys on this forum,

Scott B
Welcome to myArmoury.com, Scott, and many thanks for your service on our behalf!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: