Go to page 1, 2  Next

New York Custom Knife Show
Anybody planning to attend this event? Myself and Addison De Lisle are planning to come down from Maine for the weekend to attend the show, and probably check out the Met as well. I know Albion will be represented at this show (which is reason enough for the trip) but does anybody know if any other sword makers will be present? Angus Trim, Tinker, Vince Evans, or Arms and Armor? That would really be awesome if any of those folks were present too.

Kenton
Yes, I can't wait to go! It'd be neat to go on a group trip to the Met with some forumites! Hope to see you guys there!
When and where in the city is this show? I'll be in New York next week.
New York Custom Knife Show
Show Dates:
Friday, November 10, 2006 - 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 10:00 am to 3:00 pm

870 7th Ave @ 56th Street
New York, New York

Phone: (212) 247-8000

Prices:
One Day Pass - $15.00
Three Day Pass - $20.00

Door Prizes:
ALL THREE DAYS!

Grand Prize - info coming soon

Over 125 tables of exhibitors from:

* Canada
* Denmark
* England
* France
* Germany
* Holland
* Japan
* New Zealand
* Netherlands
* South Africa
* USA
* Many more!

A list of the exhibitors.
Mike from Albion , Simon from Raven Armoury, Daniel Watson's Angel Swords, and Wally Hayes, are a few of the familiar names on the list.

Mac
Thanks Mac -- guess I won't be seeing it since I don't plan to be there again till December. Just as well, since I'm not in a buying phase at the moment, but it would be cool to do some 'reconaissance.'
Thought I would give this a bump as this event approaches. Anybody from the Northeast going to be attending? I for one am extremely excited to get a look at a good group of Albion beauties.

Kenton
If all goes well I should be going.

Besides, it may be too hard to ressist playing with sharps and taunting Mike all day :D
You can bet I'll be there. I'm gonna drag the wife along and get my christmas shopping out of the way too. :D
Anybody have any reports on the show this past weekend?

Thanks, Mac
Well I had a great time looking at all the knives and chatting with some of the artisans. Albion's table was where I spent the majority of my time though. It was great to finally handle a few (ok, a lot) of their swords including the Svante, Brescia Spadona, Maurice, Knight, Yeoman (which I didn't think I liked until I picked it up), and the Agincourt. The Earl sold in the first hour of the show so I didn't get to handle it :cry: . It was great to meet Mike and Mr. Anderson; both of them are really nice guys. I ended up with a Gallowglass, after a few hours of indecision. :D

I'll post up the two pictures I took. I only took two pictures because some part of me cringed at walking around to all the vendor's tables, photographing their stuff, and walking away... :lol:

It was a great time; I'm glad I went!

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
Congrats on the Gallowglass, I love the look of that sword! All the more reason for us Mainers to get together (so I can actually hold one in my grubby little paws!) ;)
Is the third sword behind the Albion table a Liechtenauer ?
Hugo Voisine wrote:
Is the third sword behind the Albion table a Liechtenauer ?

Yes it was; they had a prototype for the Maestro line Leichtenauer. It felt slightly more blade heavy than it's equilavent sharp version (I don't recall which one that is, sorry), but that is to be expected because it's not sharpened. It felt good to me, but then again I'm not a WMA practitioner sadly.
That Svante looks good on you Addison. You need one! :D
Quote:
Yes it was; they had a prototype for the Maestro line Leichtenauer. It felt slightly more blade heavy than it's equilavent sharp version (I don't recall which one that is, sorry), but that is to be expected because it's not sharpened. It felt good to me, but then again I'm not a WMA practitioner sadly.

Sweeeet. :)

I want one. Now ! :eek:

Addison : I hope nobody in your familly have the habitude to knock the doors... ;)
Patrick Kelly wrote:
That Svante looks good on you Addison. You need one! :D

Hehe, thanks I agree! Alas, my wallet does not :cry: :cry: :cry:
Looks like it was a lot of fun. :D

I'm so frustrated that I was unable to make it. Well, I'll do my best to make the next one.
I had a good time at the show, even though I can safely say I could live the rest of my days out happily without ever setting foot in New York City again. Like Addison, I spent the majority of my time at Albion's table, and had the opportunity to handle a large protion of their lineup. A few suprises:

1) Both the Regent and Svante where much lighter than I anticipated. They both felt quite comfortable in one hand.

2) The astetics of the Agincourt appeal to me farrrr more than I would have imagined from pictures. I thought it was my least favorite Albion until I saw it in person.

3) The Landgraft: Love everything about that sword. Didn't dislike it in pics, but wow, in person it is phemominal.

All in all had a great time
Forgot to mention: Roman swords...not my cup of tea, but holding these next gen Romans was really fun. The craftsmanship is good and they are just plain mean. I remember picking up the Mainz and just saying to Mike, "This aint even right" as an evil smirt crept across my face. So comfortable in the hand, so light, and with a wickedly sharp tip...I loved them.
You know what else just isn't right? The Vassal. That thing feels evil. I wasn't a big fan from the website, but I like it a lot more in person. But they way it feels in hand... :cool:

The Roman swords were pretty neat too; again I wasn't really a fan until I picked one up. I like the feel of the wood in hand, and they just feel like they want to go. From what I saw they were getting a lot of attention from passers-by as well, many of whom seemed intimidated by the offer to "play with any that you want", but picked up one of the gladii (spelling?). Lot's of grinning people resulted from this, in addition to Kenton :lol: They are quite nice, but there are a few on the list before I go with one. For example: the Knight, Prince, Kingmaker, and Earl to name a few...not to mention who knows how many new ones Albion comes out with by the time I've come close to completing my wish list :confused:

Yep; I'm in deep now :lol:
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: