Oh, just thought you guys who are into the Scottish blade might find this one an interesting modern toy.

You can look up the relevant statistics and a pic on the Coldsteel site: http://www.coldsteel.com/60ce.html

Nice and tight lockup: Built like a bank vault.

I'm left handed so the right handed only blade opening stud is something that makes it hard for me to recommend for most left handers, but I have found that I can use my left index finger to rotate out the blade: This only works with a forward push at the first knuckle sweeping forward. If one tried to push at 90° with the tip of the finger it is impossible to do unless one loosens the knife much to much.

So although this opening technique work well for me it is not something that would be easy to someone not very used to opening folding knives one handed: Seems easy to most knife people, but I have a friend who looks very awkward when trying to open the conventional way. I think we assume that it's easy for everyone because we do it all the time.

Oh, the knife also has recessed thumb griping areas on each side with attractive grooves.

Blade hair popping sharp out of the box, San Mai construction. Nice gentleman's knife. :cool: