Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

I had the pleasure to meet Kenton and Addison recently and got to handle Addison's Gallowglass (we cut some pool noodles and milk jugs and generally had a good time). Sadly I don't have enough sword experience to say anything really intelligent about it. I will say it felt good in my hands, and it is an extraordinarily beautiful sword.
Bob,

I'm glad the trip went well, I had a pretty good feeling Jim would like the sword.
Hey Bob,
Glad things went well for you and Jim. Oh yeah, he will love the heck out of that sword. It's one of those pieces that once you've handled it, you can't help but love it.
I noticed that the Albion Gallowglass is now sold out. Only 100 were made.

Mine shown below.

Attachment: 99.33 KB
gallowglassm6s.jpg

The Gallowglass is a great sword. I need to get some pool noodles...Did you get a green dyed grip Roger? I did, but also a blackened hilt. This could turn into a nice commemorative thread with some great pics. I'm eventually getting a scabbard made for mine.

Attachment: 137.04 KB
Gallowglass3.jpg

Beautiful sword Roger. I was able to buy one from the SBG classifieds several months back. Mine has the brown grip. I honestly was not sure I would like it as I prefer wider blades generally....but regardless of that, its now one of my favorites. The pommel is simple, a ring of steel, but the peen block kicks it up. The guard is beautiful in all the things it has going for it, which is a lot. The blade while narrow is still broad as it has little profile taper and the hex cross section I love. Then you have the fuller and the inscribed elements on the ricasso....that add even more complexity to the sword, I handle it and admire it quite often. Its a stunner of a sword.

AND it handles like a dream.
Yes, the grip on mine is green, though so dark as to be almost black. I'm a little surprised that it sold out this soon (if a ten year life is that soon) - I didn't think XIX's were that popular.

Note that the Albion Chieftain has also just sold out with a quantity limit of 1000.

Attachment: 99.34 KB
gallowglass8ms.jpg

Galloglass
Adding to memorials. A greatful second owner.

Last edited by David Kelly on Thu 05 May, 2016 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
One of the few Albion swords I have not owned. I have a custom Lundemo ring-hilt and did not get the Albion......... :mad:
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: