Albion First Gen Orleans
I was wondering if anyone might have pics of the Albion First Gen Orleans? Also, any links to pics or stats of the sword would be much appreciated. I have tried a variety of searches and have found almost nothing.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might reply!

Last edited by R. E. Oxley on Mon 28 Aug, 2006 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
I found this on the interweb. Hope it helps!

Attachment: 21.4 KB
orleans1.jpg

Thanks, Josh! :D That is a great shot of the sword. Were there any stats to accompany the pic?
The Orleans is a neat sword, very quick in the hand. I know where there is one still hiding for sale, if anybody is interested.
Jonathon Janusz wrote:
The Orleans is a neat sword, very quick in the hand. I know where there is one still hiding for sale, if anybody is interested.

No stats, I'm afraid. That link was broken. :(
From Albion:

This is a typical example of a light "civilian" sword with an Oakeshott Type XVIII blade, a style in use throughout Europe during the early to mid 15th century.

"This blade type is fairly broad at the hilt and tapers gracefully to a sharp point. The hilt is short, intended for one-handed use. The Type XVIII blades are of flattened diamond cross-section, often with a pronounced mid-rib for rigidity. This style is very well adapted for both cutting and thrusting." (from Björn Hellqvist and Peter Johnsson: Oakeshott's typology - An Introduction)

We named this sword after the city of Orléans, France, a hotly contested area during the 100 Years War.

Specifications
Overall length: 34.125
Blade length: 27.5"
Width at cross: 2.375"
CoP: 17.75"
CoB: 3.75"
Weight: 2 lbs 3 oz
Blade design: Jason Dingledine
Hilt Design: Eric McHugh, Howy of Albion

Inspired by the sword found in Ewart Oakeshott's Record of the Medieval Sword, p. 184, Type XVIII number 13.

Attachment: 39.74 KB
AlbionOrleans.jpg
Albion Mark Orléans Civilian Sword
Thanks for the helpful information and great pics, Nathan! I could not find anything on the Albion site. This one is a stunning blade.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: