New Item From A&A Inc.
Arms & Armor has a new item in its line of training swords. Many customers requested a trainig sword for single handed sword play. We talked to many of them about the type of characteristics they were looking for in this type of sword and it has resulted in the #207 Scholar Sword. This steel waster have been crafted to replicate the action of swords as depicted in period manuals of fence such as I.33. These pieces have been through some rigorous testing and we hope will meet your needs for a durable single handed practice sword.

Best from A&A

Attachment: 22.6 KB
schswd207.jpg

This is excellent Craig, I have long commented that the WMA community needs more fencing models to practice with, and that except for rapiers, this market has been largely neglected. I applaud your efforts. Are any longer blades, mounted as spada di lato or perhaps a basket hilt in the works?
Cool to see new stuff hitting the market. :cool:
I can resist anything except temptation...
Oh, no! It's attractive, too! I thought (hoped!) I wasn't going to be tempted. Dang and drat, I have to save for WMAW, but that is a very tempting sword. :cool:
I actually had just e-mailed with Sean Hayes about this very sword. He seems to really, really love it, and that's not helping my resistance in the least bit. ;) And Pamela's right, it shouldn't be so good looking, how am I supposed to not buy it? :)
Hmmm. Methinks that Lady Pamela Muir and Sir William Grandy may be showing up at V.A.F. with new implements before long. :D
Steve, you aren't helping! :p I need to resist, especially since I just ordered the Paulus Kal book. Though, I know, it's probably only a matter of "when" and not "if" I order that sword. :) Maybe, Bill will get his first and I can "borrow" it. ;)
Pamela Muir wrote:
Steve, you aren't helping! :p I need to resist, especially since I just ordered the Paulus Kal book. Though, I know, it's probably only a matter of "when" and not "if" I order that sword. :) Maybe, Bill will get his first and I can "borrow" it. ;)

I'm promising myself to hold out on more training swords until AT LEAST after WMAW. Where Craig will probably have these available and I can handle before I purchase. There, see? I'm being responsible. :)
Bill Grandy wrote:
Pamela Muir wrote:

I'm promising myself to hold out on more training swords until AT LEAST after WMAW. Where Craig will probably have these available and I can handle before I purchase. There, see? I'm being responsible. :)

The loudest sound in the world: People lying to themselves. :p ;) :lol:

Or, you could each pay half for a first one right now ! And then do the same for a second one a few months from now.

You can then share custody and have the sword sleep at your respective places alternate weeks ! :idea:

If people can do this with kids why not swords :?: :p
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Or, you could each pay half for a first one right now ! And then do the same for a second one a few months from now.

You can then share custody and have the sword sleep at your respective places alternate weeks ! :idea:

You are SO not helping, Jean.

:p
Congrats to Craig and company for creating a splendid new item! I like how you guys are creating a new line of training swords. :)
Thanks everyone for the good comments.

This piece went through a few evolutions and took a bit to get right, so we are pleased that people like it.

Yes Eric several people have inquired about that and I am working on some options for that type of thing right now. Watch this space
;)

As a side note we can do most of the training swords with blade lengths adjusted to customers preference, some may incur a small fee if it is labor intensive but generally the cost is minimal.

I do plan to have these along at WMAW so anyone attending will get a chance to see them in hand. You are all of course invited to stop by the shop any time you get through Minneapolis as well.

Best
Craig
Bill Grandy wrote:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:

You are SO not helping, Jean.

:p

Then allow me to be of further assistance... :D

Sean Hayes permitted me to exercise the prototypes at Lansing. This is the best design I've seen for a safe practical steel arming sword simulater. Period. And you know I'm practically a salesman for Swordcrafts aluminum simulators. :!:

All I need is one more sucker at AEMMA to spring for one so I can step up my I.33 practice. Damn you Craig! :cool:
Kel Rekuta wrote:
Then allow me to be of further assistance... :D

Sean Hayes permitted me to exercise the prototypes at Lansing. This is the best design I've seen for a safe practical steel arming sword simulater. Period. And you know I'm practically a salesman for Swordcrafts aluminum simulators. :!:

All I need is one more sucker at AEMMA to spring for one so I can step up my I.33 practice. Damn you Craig! :cool:

Ha! Yeah, I've been bugging Sean via e-mail about this for a little while, and he's practically convinced me. Still, WMAW isn't far off, I'm doing my best to hold off at least until then... :)
Bill Grandy wrote:
Ha! Yeah, I've been bugging Sean via e-mail about this for a little while, and he's practically convinced me. Still, WMAW isn't far off, I'm doing my best to hold off at least until then... :)

Bill, you're setting a very bad precedent of being able to control yourself and it's very disturbing. :p :eek:

It's like some weird BIZARRO WORLD where people can actually postpone gratification for hours or even worse " DAYS " :eek:

( Joking: Obviously. ;) )

Craig, great looking training sword(s) :cool:

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: