Chiseling and Inlay Details
One of the new sections on the OlliN website is an area where Mark details techniques he uses in creating different pieces. For the moment we are calling this section Shop Notes. Below is a link to the first page in this series all about Chiseling and Inlay Details.

http://www.ollinsworddesign.com/osd-shopnotes.html

Enjoy!

Best,

Matt
Hi Matthew

Great page, gives a very good discription of the process and will help many to understand what it takes to do this type of work!

Thanks for sharing, Mac
I love inlay-
I think it's the greatest-
Now how about some blade inlay?
Anybody working with niello?
Jeremy
Actually, there is a sword project in the works that will have inlay on the blade.

Mark
Great info, and great job on the inlay work!
Thanks for posting this guys. It was a great read....
Very well done feature: I actually saw it before reading about it here as I usually go around the various makers sites periodically to see if there is anything new. Very clear well written explanations of the process and very good photography.

I may have missed it but is there a sword in production that will go with this pommel and when will we see the whole thing. ;)

You guys do some real interesting quality work at surprisingly affordable prices. :cool: :cool: :cool:
Yes, there is a sword in production that will go with the pommel...

:cool:
Thomas McDonald wrote:
Hi Matthew

Great page, gives a very good discription of the process and will help many to understand what it takes to do this type of work!

Thanks for sharing, Mac

Thank you very much, Mac!

Best,

Matt
Quote:
I may have missed it but is there a sword in production that will go with this pommel and when will we see the whole thing.
You guys do some real interesting quality work at surprisingly affordable prices. Cool Cool Cool

As James mentioned, there is a piece that this pommel belongs to. It is a stunning custom ordered. I don't want to give away too much about it just yet, but we are getting close to finishing it up here very soon. It is a beautiful piece and can't wait to share!!!

We do quite a range of work. That is why I love our Custom Shop. It is a great chance for us to work with people to help them get the sword of their dreams. We love getting a chance to work with people to make something very special for them. And for the pricing...Mark is a big believe in keeping the prices affordable. Then everyone wins!

Best,

Matt

Last edited by Matthew Grzybowski on Wed 16 Aug, 2006 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
James A. Vargscarr wrote:
Yes, there is a sword in production that will go with the pommel...

:cool:

Hi James! Thanks for the post! Why yes there is...!

Hope all is well.

Best,

Matt
Wow, I was just wondering about this process after seeing the guard of Mac's new Vince Evans piece! Excellent article, thanks!
Very informative article. I look forward to seeing the finished piece!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: