Forging weapons for biginers
:cry:
Hi there , I a fresh graduate of a university whith a lot of time on my hands , a old pasion for medieval weapons , a pair of skillful hands , and the most important thing no money , so I would like to start to forge weapons starting whith arrow heads , spear heads , and small knifes . This being said could someone give me some pointers on how to forge these weapons , the tools I need , and the "know how " to succseed .
I know there is a long road ahead and I intend to walk it all the way .
Thank you for the time you have spent reading this message, and for the future responses . :D
Franga,
Hello and welcome to myArmoury.com. :) A good place to start might be Dr. Jim Hrisoulas' book Complete Bladesmith: Forging Your Way To Perfection. There are other resources as well, but this isn't too bad a place to start. I'm sure others will chime in with more advice, too.
I'd love to be in a position where I could go work for an armorer and weapons maker or a company along those lines for chump change, just to have the opportunity to learn. Who knows, maybe my wife's inheritance will put us in that position, well one can dream. :lol:

Bob
Swordforum has some excellent forums on smithing and related metallurgy. Also, Albion has been looking for craftsmen for quite a while. It may be worth contacting them just to see what they can offer.
Try this site:

http://www.the-exiles.org/essay/makingarrow.htm

Making Medieval Arrowheads

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: