For Sale: Scottish Targe
This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

This targe began life as a Windlass piece from Museum Replicas. The boss has been replaced with a heavier domed brass plate (no spike) with pinked edges resembling the sun. The back has been padded with raw, un-spun wool and covered with brain tanned deerhide. Straps were also replaced with longer straps, and thongs were added to secure a knife to the back of the targe (not included).

The deerhide had some holes in it from the skinning and fleshing of the hide. There are 5 holes in the hide, all of which were repaired by the tanner using waxed linen thread before I purchased the hide. I think they add character to the piece. They are small, but worth mentioning.

A good piece for display or for the reenactor. This targe sells new for $175. I am selling this one for $120 plus $10 shipping. I may also entertain trades on this piece for those interested. My main period of interest is 18th century, but will consider items outside of that period as well. Payment by PayPal (add 3%) or money order.

Chris

Price drop -- $95.00 plus $10 shipping CONUS. Paypal add 3%.

Final price drop... $75 plus $10 shipping.
Targe

PM sent. Thanks.

Terry Crain

Sale pending.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: