A new Turkish sword from Vince Evans
Another beauty from the forge of Vince Evans .... Turkish Samshir

Mac

Attachment: 63.8 KB
VE turk samshir.jpg

Thanks for sharing this one Mac. I love Vinces work in the middle-eastern styles. I think that two-handed sword he made not long ago is probably my favorite from him. He doesn't do anything badly but I think this is one of the areas where he really excels. I love the horn grip on this one.
Beautiful sword, thank you for sharing Mac.

Kind regards

Manouchehr
Very beautiful, slender, graceful and elegant. How does it handle?
Yet another masterpiece from Vince Evans. I would love to see it in person. I note that Vince did NOT post it in his "Available" gallery, so I presume this shamshir has a home already.
That is too sweet. Love that grip, and the work on the cross-piece. Don't think I've ever seen a thing Vince has done I didn't like. Pretty darn amazing! Thanks for sharing, Mac.

-Greg
Hisham Gaballa wrote:
Very beautiful, slender, graceful and elegant. How does it handle?

Hi Hisham

When talking with Vince the other nite I asked him your question !

Basically he replied that the sword handles like a typical antique shamshir would, having good blade presense, with POB out a ways from the hilt. As I recall, he said it weighed in at 2lbs. 6 oz. and sports a 32" inch blade.

Beautiful looking sword all around, Mac

Attachment: 30.73 KB
turk shamshir VE.jpg

JFYI

I'm happy to report that this fine piece is going to one of our members here and he told me to say that once he has it in hand he'll be sure to let us know all about it !

Always cool when one of our gang snags a fine custom piece and we get the benefit of hearing all about it !

Congrats my man, Mac

Attachment: 40.27 KB
VE turkish shamshir.jpg

Thomas McDonald wrote:
... I'm happy to report that this fine piece is going to one of our members here and he told me to say that once he has it in hand he'll be sure to let us know all about it ! ....

That is great news. I am anxious to hear a full report.
Wow, thaht hilt has a leather-like quality that is just amazing. Though not my taste, its another work of art!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: