Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Albion Round Table - Marysville Ohio - August 5, 2006
This event will be held in Marysville, Ohio (about 30 miles NW of Columbus) on Saturday August 5, 2006.

The event will start at 2 PM ET so that people who are traveling have a reasonable chance to drive in. I plan on breaking for food at 6 PM ET. Menu will be grilled burgers and hotdogs with picnic style sides. Non-alcoholic beverages will be available during show and tell time, other beverages will be available once the Round Table starts to wind down.

Please Note: The party will only be open to people age 18 and over.

If you are interested in attending, please send me a private message indicating your interest. Please include an email address in your message so that I can send detailed driving instructions and a map to my location.

As I verify details about discounts and what people can expect to see at this event, I will post updated information to this thread.
Chad suggested I make this into a registration topic so people can see who is planning to attend. Since that seemed like a good idea, an event rigistration thread this now is! :cool:
I'll be there!
A bit of an update on this.

Don and I have exchanged private messages. He said I can let people know that he is going to bring some period pieces from his collection like he did the last time at Chad's. I'm very grateful that he is sharing some of what he has stewardship over, as it represents are rare chance to see and touch the real thing for most of us.

So far six people have contacted me and confirmed that they will attend. Several are not regular posters here. So far it looks like we should have an interesting mix of people and weapons.
Joe Fults wrote:
So far it looks like we should have an interesting mix of people and weapons.

I know there's still a month to go, but any idea on what all will be there? I saw some of Don's items at Chad's place and was overwhelmed with delight. Here's to you Don! :D

I'll bring my usual: A&A Black Prince & Schloss Erbach, Del Tin 2133, Albion Talhoffer, and Windlass swept-hilt rapier.

-Ted
Ahw!

I wanna be there but alas AGAIN there is a darn ocean in my way! Hopefully the prices on airtickets will fall drasticly so I can afford both the blades and trips over to your side. Or the need for bustboys on old steamers could skyrocket in numbers...

Martin
Would love to be there:) but as Martin said,there is a small puddle of water in the way:(
I wish there could be a Albion round table here in Sweden to in the near future
Not to hijack the thread, but...

I do have a limited number of Albion NG swords at home and will hopefully get a few more exampes shipped to me during/after summer.
I am not sure I could arrange a classic full scale round table, but perhaps a little get-together for those Swedish based enthusiasts.
Cutting, handling and discussions on design could be covered. Perhaps meeting up in my simithy in Uppsala?
There is also a local branch of ARMA located in Uppsala with a few guys who might be interested?
Write to me and let me know if you are interested.
Perhaps sometime late october? Let me know what kind of interest there might be for such a meeting (send me a PM).

Sorry for the intrusion!

Thanks.
Peter
Peter Johnsson wrote:

I do have a limited number of Albion NG swords at home and will hopefully get a few more exampes shipped to me during/after summer.
I am not sure I could arrange a classic full scale round table, but perhaps a little get-together for those Swedish based enthusiasts.
Cutting, handling and discussions on design could be covered. Perhaps meeting up in my simithy in Uppsala?
There is also a local branch of ARMA located in Uppsala with a few guys who might be interested?
Perhaps sometime late october? Let me know what kind of interest there might be for such a meeting (send me a PM).

Sorry for the intrusion!

Thanks.
Peter

Peter,

For the benefit of people local to you, we might want to split this into its own thread.

I'm sure more people who will be able to take up the offer will see it that way.

Regards,
Peter Johnsson wrote:

Sorry for the intrusion!

Thanks.
Peter

No fair.

Jeff
Expected weapon inventory as of July 7
*A&A*
Black Prince
Schloss Erbach
Halberd
Nordland Axe

*Albion*
Landgraff
Regent
Talhoffer
Sherrif
Squire Line 15th C Bastard
Sempach

*Windlass/MRL*
Swept Hilt Rapier
English Rondel
Broken Craptastic Warhammer

*Deltin*
DT 2133

*ARMA Bohemia*
Rondel

*Antiques*
Surprise
Albion Care Package
So far based on what I have heard from folks I have requested that Albion send:

Squire Line Late 15th Century Bastard Sword
Next Gen Knight
Next Gen Sherriff
Next Gen Crecy

They have told me they cannot have a Museum Line Svante or Brescia ready in time.

Are there any other swords people would like me to check about?

Viking?

Roman?
Re: Albion Care Package
Joe Fults wrote:
Are there any other swords people would like me to check about?

One of each! :p Sorry, couldn't help it.

In truth, how about a Senlac? Museum Line Tritonia and/or St. Maurice-Turin?

Oh, and I'll bring my wooden wasters. -Ted
Joe

I'll ask Jaron about bringing his Sempach, if he bring's it i'll bring a cutting stand and we can cut up some dead animal, let people see what these sword's can realy do.

Me and Jaron will bring watser's also.

Jeff
Jeff,

That's fine, although we will probably not be able to use swords Albion sends tthat way.
Jeff Gentry wrote:
i'll bring a cutting stand and we can cut up some dead animal, let people see what these sword's can realy do.

Fine by me. I've never had any luck against pool noodles. :confused: Large cardboard boxes are fun too.
So wish I could be there. That's the weekend I go get my kids back from the ex-wife. Besides, that's just a bit too far to drive for me for an afternoon.
Joe,

I'll have my next gen Crecy, so Albion won't need to send one.

I'll also have the usual assortment:
Albion Migration type D
Cashen type XIIa
A&A Irish
2 Tinker blades
Atrim Irish Bastard
Civil war saber
Kris Cutlery Celtic
DelTin 201a

Mark

Mark
Joe Fults wrote:
Jeff,

That's fine, although we will probably not be able to use swords Albion sends tthat way.

Well that is why i want Jaron too bring his Sempach it will give people a chance to see what an Albion will realy do against flesh and bone, we have used Jaron's Sempach to cut meat and bone a few time's so his is well broken in for it.

Most people are pretty amazed the first time they see a good sword actualyu cut meat and bone.

Jeff
Updated Swords
A&A

Black Prince
Schloss Erbach
Halberd
Nordland Axe
Irish

Albion

Landgraff
Regent
Talhoffer