Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Next Generation Scabbards Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Robert Zamoida

Reading list: 3 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 01 Jan, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Next Generation Scabbards         Reply with quote

I saw on the Albion News Page the pictures for the scabbard for the Next Gen Gaddhjalt; beautiful work by the way Big Grin ; and I was wondering if each sword in the Next gen line will be getting its own custom scabbard, or if only certain swords will receive one. Also, are there any options for the scabbards, such as color choice, bronze vs. steel for the chape, etc? Oh, when will we see pictures for choice of belt suspension for the Campaign Scabbards?
[ Linked Image ]

Rob Zamoida
"When your life is on the line, you want to make use of all your tools. No warrior should be willing to die with his swords at his sides, without having made use of his tools."
-Miyamoto Mushashi, Gorin no Sho
Eric McHugh
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jan, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Next Generation Scabbards         Reply with quote

Robert Zamoida wrote:
I saw on the Albion News Page the pictures for the scabbard for the Next Gen Gaddhjalt; beautiful work by the way Big Grin ; and I was wondering if each sword in the Next gen line will be getting its own custom scabbard, or if only certain swords will receive one.

Well...I asked Kevin to make this specific scabbard (which is available) so that folks could see what we can do for them. I believe what we will do is make one of these "high end" custom scabbards for all of the next gen swords so that folks can see what is possible. It will not be a production offering, so people will have to reserve a custom slot. Kevin is the only one doing scabbard at Albion and a scabbard like the one pictured really starts as a plank of wood, a sheet of leather, and some steel sheet so it takes some time to make them. Some folks will not be impressed by that but for those who want a completely hand-crafted scabbard...this will more then satisfy them.

Quote:
Also, are there any options for the scabbards, such as color choice, bronze vs. steel for the chape, etc? Oh, when will we see pictures for choice of belt suspension for the Campaign Scabbards?

The Campaign line is our "standard" production scabbard. It has fixed colors and options. When you commission a custom scabbard, however, you can specify just about anything (within reason, of course). We are will be working on the belt choices for the Campaign line. Not to make excuses, but things are quite busy (a lot of brands in the fire). With that said, we will have those up soon. If you have questions, Mike has many examples that he can talk to you about and even send a few pics. So, feel free to give him a call.

Find me on Facebook, or check out my blog. Contact me at eric@crownforge.net or ericmycue374@comcast.net if you want to talk about a commission or discuss an available piece.
Robert Zamoida

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jan, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Eric Happy
Rob Zamoida
"When your life is on the line, you want to make use of all your tools. No warrior should be willing to die with his swords at his sides, without having made use of his tools."
-Miyamoto Mushashi, Gorin no Sho
Eric McHugh
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 03 Jan, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Robert Zamoida wrote:
Thanks Eric Happy

Your more than welcome. Happy

Find me on Facebook, or check out my blog. Contact me at eric@crownforge.net or ericmycue374@comcast.net if you want to talk about a commission or discuss an available piece.

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Next Generation Scabbards
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic