Considering all of this week's latest additions, please rate the quality of our efforts.
Excellent
53%
 53%  [ 24 ]
Very Good
33%
 33%  [ 15 ]
Good
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Fair
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Poor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 45

Jun 26: myArmoury.com news and updates
Today's update:

[ Linked Image ]
The Atlanta Blade Show 2006
A report by Jason Elrod

[ Linked Image ]
Albion Armorers Caithness Sword
A hands-on review by Chad Arnow

[ Linked Image ]
Del Tin 5120 12th Century Sword
A hands-on review by Patrick Kelly and Russ Ellis

[ Linked Image ]
Albion Squire Line 13th Century Knightly Sword
A hands-on review by Greyson Brown

[ Linked Image ]
Wallpaper: Albion Caithness Sword
Created by Nathan Robinson

As always, you can see our Complete History of Updates listed right from our home page.
Thanks for the review of the Caithness, Chad. That is one I have been hoping would get reviewed since I first discovered Albion and myArmoury. I was so pumped when I saw it was reviewed (mostly because the review pictures are the best pictures on the net IMHO) that I had to say thanks before I even read the review.

Ok, I'm gonna go read it now :lol:

Kenton
Once again another group of quality articles go up, thank you gentlemen very much indeed, I enjoyed reading them all.
Kenton and Jason,
I'm glad you guys enjoyed this update. It's nice to know that people dig what we're doing. :)
I also enjoyed the updates. The product reviews are always a great read. It may be the closest I ever come to handling some of these items.
I liked the review of the Caithness, although the issue with the grip cover is mildly worrisome.

A question for the mods: Would I be allowed to make a post in Off-Topic Talk gently poking fun at some of the potential problems of artists' renderings of fantasy weapons and armor?
Carl Goff wrote:
I liked the review of the Caithness, although the issue with the grip cover is mildly worrisome.

A question for the mods: Would I be allowed to make a post in Off-Topic Talk gently poking fun at some of the potential problems of artists' renderings of fantasy weapons and armor?

As for the grip cover, that's an easy fix, either at home or via Albion's customer service. Eventual loosening of the cover might not even happen unless it sees serious use and replacing a leather grip cover during a sword's useable life wouldn't be out of the question anyway. I've handled dozens of examples of Albion's products and this is the only one I've seen like that. It was worth mentioning, but is not worth fretting over. :)

As for the 2nd question, would this post be related to historic arms & armour or the hobby of collecting? It sounds like it would be skirting the bounds of being too Off-topic. You could PM me what you're intending to post and I could look it over if that would help.

We want to keep even Off-Topic threads somewhat replated to our focus.
Interesting reviews as usual and congratulations to all involved.

Glad to see that Greyson actually finally got to have quality time with some of his swords. :cool: ( If memory serve me right a lot of his swords where thousands of miles away for the longest time and he had to wait to be even able to touch them for the first time. :eek: :( )
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Glad to see that Greyson actually finally got to have quality time with some of his swords. ( If memory serve me right a lot of his swords where thousands of miles away for the longest time and he had to wait to be even able to touch them for the first time. )

:p

It's nice to know people sympathize. I got to visit my swords at Christmas, and I did some cutting with reviews in mind. There will be a few more articles forthcoming from that visit home. I need to go home again, though, so that I can see my Agincourt, Sherriff, and Steward.

-Grey
Greyson Brown wrote:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Glad to see that Greyson actually finally got to have quality time with some of his swords. ( If memory serve me right a lot of his swords where thousands of miles away for the longest time and he had to wait to be even able to touch them for the first time. )

:p

It's nice to know people sympathize. I got to visit my swords at Christmas, and I did some cutting with reviews in mind. There will be a few more articles forthcoming from that visit home. I need to go home again, though, so that I can see my Agincourt, Sherriff, and Steward.

-Grey

Yes I do sympathize, it's bad enough waiting for stuff to arrive it would be worse having them but not HAVING them in any practical sense.

Looking forward to the other reviews. :cool:

Take care. :D

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: