And the award for Best Sword, Atlanta 2006, goes to ......
...... Mr. Vince Evans, for his incredible silver inlaid & engraved Stirling baskethilt !

(was there ever any doubt ;-) Congratulations, Vince & Grace !

Mac

Attachment: 98.57 KB
Inlaid basket complete.jpg

An excellent choice.
I'm not a baskethilt fan but who couldn't love that piece of art....

-James
And who didn't see this one coming?

That's two in a row for Vince now isn't it? If you had a chance to see the Yataghan three years ago, and the Chinese Goodquill sabre four years ago, you'd agree that it should've been four in a row.
Congratulations to Vince and Grace. Outstanding work!
I would have been quite disturbed if this piece had not won!

Stephen, I whole-heartedly agree about three years ago. I did not see the one four years ago, unfortunately, but I'm sure it was quite impressive as well.
Nathan Robinson wrote:
I would have been quite disturbed if this piece had not won!

Stephen, I whole-heartedly agree about three years ago. I did not see the one four years ago, unfortunately, but I'm sure it was quite impressive as well.

Indeed. I remember that show quite fondly, as I managed score the pirate cutlass off Vince's table. But man! That yataghan was great. I asked Vince about it and he told me who already had dibs on that one, so I had to regretfully look at other pieces.

I am also stunned at the number of hours it took to complete the baskethilt, though perhaps I shouldn't be. Don't know what Vince charged for that sword, but we can be sure it was severely underpriced, as all his creations are.
Now that's really impressive... ;)

Is there some other pictures of this sword on the net ? I would really like to see the sword in its entirety.
Hugo Voisine wrote:
Now that's really impressive... ;)

Is there some other pictures of this sword on the net ? I would really like to see the sword in its entirety.

http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=6969
Really beautifull work, basket and blade.
Thanks Nathan. :)
Oh My God is that Baskethilt "Gorgeous" :!: Wow! What a Masterpiece!

Thanks MAC for yet another stunning photograph.

Stunned!

Bob
Incredible as always! The carved "dirk" grip is an interesting detail rather than the usual rayskin. Well executed and as impressive as their work has always been. It's almost enough to make me want to start collecting "teastrainers"! ;)

Vince and Grace, congrats on the accomplishment! Thanks for the pics Mac!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: