New Database online
The online-database of the German Historical Museum (Deutsches Historisches Museum) is now available for research.

www.dhm.de/datenbank

You will have to use the german expressions in order to achieve a result (for example: sword = Schwert).
When entering "Schwert", you will be rewarded with over 600 hits, about half of them with pictures. The only annoying thing is the large copyright notice on the pictures.
A worthwhile resource even with the obstructive copyright notices. Thanks for posting this!
Thx a lot!
There are some great pieces in their collection, especially a rather unusual Katzbalger with a massive and pointy blade
[ Linked Image ]

There's one longsword that really caught my attention during the "Eisenkleider" exhibition (shame on me for having left my cam at home), but in the archive they only have a blurry shot of the hilt. However, I found a bigger picture somewhere else.
One of my favourite longswords:
[ Linked Image ]
Thanks for the great reference!
Thanks Arne for the hint!

I own Albion's "Baron" and went to the museum in Berlin 3 weeks ago to see the original sword, which is the godfather of the "Baron".
It's there in the public exhibition - but I cannot find it in the database :-(
( :evil: what really annoys me are their pictures, most of them not showing the full blade ...)

Anyway, the museum is worth a visit in any case if you are in Berlin by chance.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: