SCA, West Kingdom 12th Night
Any of you West Coast sword enthusiasts going ?
I will be setting up shop as a merchant at the Doubletree Hotel in San Jose, CA
January 3. I will be carrying a full compliment of Del Tin's... including a few of the
new ones ! I will have a cross section of Lutels and a few Cervenka's.
It would be good to see some fellow formites there.

Arthur A. Elwell
What are those Cervenka swords like Art?
Hey Art,

Wish I could go, dagnabit!

Would love to see those Cervenkas. He has some nice looking pieces on his site - I am especially interested in his Viking (#200018) and Cup Hilt rapier.

BTW, would one of those new Del Tin's happen to be the new Cup Hilt???

Regards,

Mike
I got to handle the cup hilt rapier and a Viking as well as matching dagger for the cup hilt.

The dagger was incredible. Fit, finish, balance are all top notch. A delight to handle.

The cup hilt was the same as the dagger. It was very handy in the hand as well and a delight to poke and swing about with. The only down side is that it is a tad short.

The Viking had the same fit and finish qualities as the other two, but was very blade heavy and not at all playful in the hand. But, then my Tinker Viking has spoiled me so I could be a tad critical. I am not sure witch Viking I handled, Art could say.

Jim
Thanks for the feedback James!

I'll have to find a way to get over to Art's some day soon to check out the new stuff. I hope he sells lots of swords this weekend - just not the ones I'm interested in though. :eek:

Regards,

Mike
I Hope Art sells a lot this weekend as well.

If Art is game, perhaps we could organize another tuperware of swords gathering. These are always fun.
James Nordstrom wrote:
If Art is game, perhaps we could organize another tuperware of swords gathering. These are always fun.

That would be great!

Mike
I'm game as long as it's nice dry weather and not
these monsoons we've been having !

Art

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: