For Sale: Manning Imperial longsword
This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Hi guys,

I am selling my Manning Imperial XVIIIa longsword, which is listed on Craig's site as item 319. http://manningimperial.com/item.php...319&featured=on

The sword has suffered a bit of cosmetic damage in a cyclone that we went through a couple of years ago. The blade patined quite severely, and when my then girlfriend oiled the sword, she overdid it a bit and stained the bottom half of the scabbard (I was out of town at the time). Also, during the ensuing chaos, the chape of the scabbard was lost.

There is some light pitting on the blade, but the edges and tip or indeed the sword, have not been functionally compromised in any way. I've cut with the sword against light targets a couple of times (pool noodles) and it performed _very_ nicely.

You can see the cost of the sword on Craig's website, but I'm willing to settle for AU$950 (about US$700), plus shipping. I can supply as many photos of the sword as needed, and will do my utmost to inform the buyer exactly what they are getting. To be honest, it really only needs a bit of work repolishing the blade up, and with a new chape and the scabbard re-touched it would be good as new. The by-knife and awl are in perfect shape. Probably a couple of hours work and a chape.

I've been intending to do it up myself, but my tastes have moved away from the 15th century and thanks to my new son, bugger all spare time. So this is a good chance for someone who wants a sword from Australia's best smith, with no waiting period and for less than half the cost.

I can be reached at taylorwilliamellis@yahoo.com .

Cheers guys!

Attachment: 54.42 KB
manningsword.JPG

Attachment: 79.15 KB
miswordii.jpg

I'd be interested in seeing more photos in its current state. I've always liked this piece.

Sure Nathan.

He's one of the scabbard, tip and the by-knife and awl. Please note that the flash makes the difference in colour on the scabbard much more drastic than it really is, especially around where the by-knife and awl fit in.

Is there anything specific you want to see?

Attachment: 71.15 KB
byknifeawl.JPG
The awl especially is [i]really[/i] sharp. :)

Attachment: 109.62 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 24.11 KB
[ Download ]

For some reason, the tip in that last photo looks damaged. Which it isn't. Not sure why it looks that way, must be areflection or something? Here's a better photo...

Attachment: 23.71 KB
[ Download ]

Forgot to add, obviously I can send much higher quality photos to a prospective buyer's email address than space permits here. :)

Not much interest. :)

I'll go to AU$850, but not any lower, since I might as well fix it up myself. :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: