Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > one search over...Patton Saber Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ben Sweet

PostPosted: Wed 24 Dec, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: one search over...Patton Saber         Reply with quote

I have been searching for a clean authentic Patton saber for some time now, 2 years+...This one I was able to purchase today (my X-Mas gift to myself, always good *g*) from a local historical sword collector who had been keeping an eye out for me. This one came from his Fathers collection who had just passed.... I told him that it would never be sold and if he ever wanted it back (regrets are never good) I told him it was his...I felt very honored to be invited into this mans home without him knowing a thing about me and to be offered the chance to buy this sword.
A " BIG" Thankyou to Steven Crain

quick pics more to come later

Stephen A. Fisher

PostPosted: Wed 24 Dec, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congrats Ben! A fine example. What year is it?
Chris Holzman

PostPosted: Wed 24 Dec, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ben,

Nice piece - I think you'll find it to be better all-around than the reproductions.... probably lighter and better balanced. They do cut well, by the way. One of my friends has an original and has cut bamboo with it. quite nice.

Chris

Chris Holzman
River City Fencing Club
Wichita, KS
Ben Sweet

PostPosted: Thu 25 Dec, 2003 1:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey Stephen, 1918 and on the reverse the eagle head inspection stamp with NO. 12, clean and sharp markings...

Hey Chris, keeping her the way she is, no edge...I can use the tweaked MRL repro for cutting ( handles like a crowbar compared to this one due to the obese handle) The SARCO Inc repro comes close (weight, feel and balance) but is still lacking to the quality of the original...When the weather is better I'll do a 3-way shoot along with some detailed differences on the 3...need to do some homework on the 1912 SARCO to see if an original 1912 Patton was built like this repro

2 more quick pics...nice sharp markings from both sides

Jason Elrod

Reading list: 38 books

PostPosted: Thu 25 Dec, 2003 4:29 am    Post subject: Albion         Reply with quote

That reminds me. What ever happened to Albion's M1913 Limited Edition Patton Saber. I can't find it anywhere. The Patton Society Homepage http://www.pattonhq.com/homeghq.html has a link but it doesn't work anymore.
Stephen A. Fisher

PostPosted: Thu 25 Dec, 2003 5:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ben Sweet wrote:
Hey Stephen, 1918 and on the reverse the eagle head inspection stamp with NO. 12, clean and sharp markings...

Hey Chris, keeping her the way she is, no edge...I can use the tweaked MRL repro for cutting ( handles like a crowbar compared to this one due to the obese handle) The SARCO Inc repro comes close (weight, feel and balance) but is still lacking to the quality of the original...When the weather is better I'll do a 3-way shoot along with some detailed differences on the 3...need to do some homework on the 1912 SARCO to see if an original 1912 Patton was built like this repro

Yeah, That would be great, I'd like to see how the two reproductions compare.

regards,
Stephen
Stephen A. Fisher

PostPosted: Thu 25 Dec, 2003 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Albion         Reply with quote

Jason Elrod wrote:
That reminds me. What ever happened to Albion's M1913 Limited Edition Patton Saber. I can't find it anywhere. The Patton Society Homepage http://www.pattonhq.com/homeghq.html has a link but it doesn't work anymore.

Good question. Maybe they have been too busy with their new upcoming Next Generation Albion Mark™ line-up. I managed to get a few pictures while it was up.

Attachment: 21 KB
Patton with his nickel-plated officer's model sword.jpg

Attachment: 25.65 KB
sabre11.jpg

Attachment: 20.74 KB
original2.jpg

E.B. Erickson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 25 Dec, 2003 7:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Ben,
Congrats on the present! I also noted that you're now thinking about antique smallswords as well. It sounds like you may have contracted the Antique Sword Virus. Fortunately, there's no vaccine and no cure.

--ElJay
Ben Sweet

PostPosted: Thu 25 Dec, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

E.B. Erickson wrote:
Hi Ben,
Congrats on the present! I also noted that you're now thinking about antique smallswords as well. It sounds like you may have contracted the Antique Sword Virus. Fortunately, there's no vaccine and no cure.

--ElJay

Yep...this A.S.V is one I can look forward to *g*... Steven had some amazing dueling/small-swords that a day after is still hard to believe that such talent back then were able to make those without power tools....just amazing stuff!

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > one search over...Patton Saber
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic