Best type of gloves for cutting?
I've been searching through the forum and have found a few threads relating to sparring gloves, but I haven't been able to find much info regarding the type of gloves most people wear during cutting sessions. Before I make any purchases, I would appreciate any input from more experienced forum members.

Thanks,

David
Re: Best type of gloves for cutting?
David Ross wrote:
I've been searching through the forum and have found a few threads relating to sparring gloves, but I haven't been able to find much info regarding the type of gloves most people wear during cutting sessions. Before I make any purchases, I would appreciate any input from more experienced forum members.

Thanks,

David

My gauntlets have Revival's Swordsman's gloves sewn into them. They're quite comfortable. But, when I normally do backyard cutting, I wear simple leather workgloves from the local hardware store. They're comfy, durable, and easily replaced. The pair I've been using have a reinforced palm.

I could buy several pairs of those cheap gloves for the price of 1 pair of Revival's gloves. Of course, hardware store gloves aren't historically accurate for the period, but neither are my 21st century clothes, sneakers, pool noodle, etc. :)
For me any glove actually decreases control and feel (gauntlets are especially bad...) so I prefer not to wear them.

Except for sparring of course. :)
I got some goatskin workgloves at the hardware store that I really like.
Thanks guys. I wasn't sure if it would be worth the money to spring for the "swordsman's gloves" offered at Revival Clothing or not. Looks like I may be better off running down to Lowes instead. :cool:

Thanks again,

David

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: