Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Hank Reinhardt's New Venture Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Angus Trim

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 19 May, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I know this might be a bit unnusual for a swordmaker to do..........

But welcome back to the sword market Hank............Considering the requests I get for stuff I'm not willing or ready to do, there's a lot of stuff under represented in the market.......

There's always more room for more quality medieval and renaissance stuff, but true quality Chinese dao and gian are both under represented, and axes, polearms, and the like........... well you have the MRL stuff, and you have some good custom stuff {Eric McHugh for instance}, but outside of Arms and Armor there's a big gap there...........

And good luck.............

Maybe get the chance to meet at Atlanta..........

swords are fun
Chuck Russell

Reading list: 46 books

PostPosted: Fri 19 May, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Happy

how about just makeing things right. not taking shortcuts or having an "artistic" touch to period items. it would be great to see items out there with the period item beside it for the compairison

good luck
David Martin

PostPosted: Fri 19 May, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'd love to see a functional interpretation of a Viking Halberd, a Claymore worthy of being a family heirloom, and some nice Bowie knives that would appeal to Cowboy reinactors as well as modern hunters & campers.

Best of luck to you in this endeavor, Hank.

David
David Wilson

PostPosted: Fri 19 May, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Some accurate Greek Hoplite swords would be nice....

More Late Roman/early Migration-era swords would be great....

A bronze Egyptian Khopesh, with decent weight and balance, would be awesome.... as would a series of bronze age axe/mace/spear heads....

And some accurate Roman pugios (including accurate sheaths) would be highly appreciated!

David K. Wilson, Jr.
Laird of Glencoe

Now available on Amazon: Franklin Posner's "Suburban Vampire: A Tale of the Human Condition -- With Vampires" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072N7Y591
Jeremiah Swanger

PostPosted: Sat 20 May, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: Mrl & Hank Reinhardt         Reply with quote

Hank Reinhardt wrote:
OK guys. First. I can't tell you who I will be working with until the 20 of June. Its a large company, but not MRL or CAS Iberia. I can tell you some of the swords we're planning on doing. The River Witham Viking Sword, a copy of my rapier that I bought from Ewart Oakeshott, a two hander (Swiss/German style) A falchion, old style, based on several comtemprary drawings, several knives, sword hilted, rondel, baselard, etc. a Dussack, hand and a half, medieval sword, a very good copy of the sword of Henry V. Also in the works are some axes, probably maces and war hammers. Still the same problem about pole arms. Shipping is a killer.

Wow! That sounds like quite a lineup! I'd love to see some Landesknecht-style Bidenhanders, as you mentioned, along with some maces and warhammers. Axes and blunts are also hugely-underrepresented in the market, so I think a quality lineup of those would add plenty of distinction to your company. Out of curiosity, what sort of falchion are you looking at making (unless, of course, you can't divulge such info at this time)?

"Rhaegar fought nobly.
Rhaegar fought valiantly.
Rhaegar fought honorably.
And Rhaegar died."

- G.R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Sat 20 May, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Did somebody say bowies? How about a Confederate D-Guard bowie?
David Martin

PostPosted: Sat 20 May, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Roger Hooper wrote:
Did somebody say bowies? How about a Confederate D-Guard bowie?

I like the way you think, Mr. Hooper. I second the motion for a Confederate D-Guard bowie!
Joe Fults

Feedback score: 100%
(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sat 20 May, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Seems like I've seen quite a few "we want threads" over the years.

I've become more careful about telling vendors "how about X, Y, or Z" since I just don't have much free cash. If I tell a vendor I'd like X but can't buy it, I feel like I'm wasting their resources. Perhaps I'm just getting odd as I age. WTF?!

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Bill Duncan

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Thu 01 Jun, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey Hank
Glad its all coming together give a holler when ya can, been in deep as of late Eek!
Dunc

May you live as long as you want but never want for as long as you live
Michael Eging

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jun, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congrats Hanks! I look forward to seeing what this partnership begins to produce! And like so many who have replied before me, please don't forget a couple of additional areas in need of quality weapons! Namely, Byzantine swords and sabers! I couldn't help an additional shameless plug!

Good luck!

M. Eging
Hamilton, VA
www.silverhornechoes.com
Member of the HEMA Alliance
http://hemaalliance.com/
Matt G

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jun, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congrats Hank on the new venture and thank you for sharing the info with us.

I'd like add an additional request/plea for accurate cutlass, hanger and cuttoe reproductions as well as accurate pugio, xiphos, and bronze khopesh.

Joe Fults wrote:
Quote:
Seems like I've seen quite a few "we want threads" over the years.

I've become more careful about telling vendors "how about X, Y, or Z" since I just don't have much free cash. If I tell a vendor I'd like X but can't buy it, I feel like I'm wasting their resources.

I can understand and appreciate this sentiment that Joe expressed.

As for me, I've had to pass on almost all offerings from the other "big" product lines because of major historical inaccuracies or poor construction and overall execution. I knew to get something that I could be satisfied with, most of these potential new acquisitions would become DIY projects that might require extensive reworking to get a reasonably accurate piece. I love a good project, but not a room full of them.

I'm not sure what the price point will be for the offerings of Hank's venture but if they come in between the semi-customs and the stuff produced by the Chinese and Indian manufacturers, I think we'll have a winner. Personally, I'd beg, borrow or steal (From my wife's loose change bucket Big Grin ) to get my paws on some quality cutlasses or hangers for less then the cost of a custom.

"Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannon-balls and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today."

Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)
Thomas Laible

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun 23 Jul, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: sabers and messers?         Reply with quote

Hello Hank,

are there any plans to include twohanded sabers like swiss abers and Kriegsmesser?

Thomas

By the way: I did send you a pm regarding another point

student at www.alte-kampfkunst.de
Chris Post

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Thu 27 Jul, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

haven't checked this forum, or in fact any forum, in quite a while, but now I have a bit of time on my hands so I am making the round.
Well, now that the cat is out of the bag and we know what company Hank is cooperating with, I too am keen to see the results.

Quote:
The River Witham Viking Sword

This particulary caught my attention. I suppose you are talking about the "Leutfrit". This is one of the finest, most beautiful swords I have ever seen (long with a few others), but so far I am not aware of any affordable production version thereof. I think Albion has something similar but does not quite match the original. Actually, we're currently developing a springsteel version of this sword here in Germany, but this will have a _slightly_ different price tag than what Pro Sword is aiming for. Wink

The funny thing about this sword, as I have found out last weekend, is that its measurements are as if it had been made specifically for me. It is the perfect blade and handle length for me. So I suppose the owner of the original sword must have had about my height (6'2").

So I'm keen to see how this turns out. The other swords too, of course, but I have developed a particular weakness for Spathae in the last year or so.

Skeppsmannens härsmakt räddes ej väta:
blodulvar vadade väst över Panta:
fram över flodens glimmande vatten
buro de lindesköldar i land.
George Hill

PostPosted: Fri 28 Sep, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Mrl & Hank Reinhardt         Reply with quote

Any updates on this matter?

I am most curious to know what's devoloped.

To abandon your shield is the basest of crimes. - --Tacitus on Germania
Mike Arledge

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Sat 29 Sep, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: Mrl & Hank Reinhardt         Reply with quote

George Hill wrote:

They have been out for a long time and discussed here quite often.

http://imperialweapons.com/swords/Reinhardt_collection.html

There are 2 models so far.

Mike J Arledge

The Dude Abides
Clyde Hollis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 02 Oct, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Mrl & Hank Reinhardt         Reply with quote

Mike Arledge wrote:
George Hill wrote:

They have been out for a long time and discussed here quite often.

http://imperialweapons.com/swords/Reinhardt_collection.html

There are 2 models so far.

And more are on the way (Proto-types that is).

A Falchion for 1.

Henry V (With hollow pommel and deeply hallow ground blade).

Knight's Riding Sword

And hopefully this will make it as well. Matching Seaxe knife for the Witham Viking Sword.
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Sat 13 Oct, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Hank! I am especially interested in the "High End" swords but would consider something midrange if I liked it enough. Not that I am affluent or of the priviledged few, Far, far, from that situation Laughing Out Loud
I have beer money and champaign taste, but I will do what I have to do when it comes to high end swords that I like!
I am stable enough to be able to have one area that I can focus on, and that area is Not my vehicle, golfing (I hate golf Laughing Out Loud ), it's "Swords" and the related books and dvds!
I will go without in every other area of my life, for that paricular high end sword that sparks my fancy!
Although my dog never goes without, "Rosie" my beloved 5 yr. old canine athlete, doofus, gorgeous amazon (86 lbs) golden retriever is spoiled beyond comprehension! LOL! Nor is my wife sidelined whatsoever. But I will deny myself this, that and the other thing, so as to facillitate the money for that high end sword!
We all have our priorities in this world and mine is definitely fine quality swords Exclamation

Very Curious as to which company you will be with!

Bob

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Hank Reinhardt's New Venture
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: