Hank Reinhardt & Museum Replicas
Ijust wanted to set the record straight. As I have stated, I am no longer with MRL. However I just picked up a recent catalog and found a section of me testing one of their blades. This was done last year, and they were aware that they could no longer use it when I left. But they used it anyway. I admit to being rather upset with this, since I am starting with a new company. I thought of a law suit, but it would take too much time. I did raise hell about it. Next catalog they are to announce that I am no longer associated with them. Just wanted to let everyone know...to say that I am not happy is putting it mildly. Hank
Good to know Hank. Hey care to throw us any hints about what you've got in the works? :) You know so we can spread rumor, innuendo and made up stuff all over the internet? ;)
Yes, enquiring minds want to know. :lol:
Folks,
Please trust that Hank will announce info when it is prudent to do so. If he had info he wanted to disseminate, he probably would have done so already.
Hank;

The full lawsuit route might just not be worth it but a nice lawyers letter demanding some payment, even if token payment, might be fun at least if it rattles them a bit. ;)

The whole thing might be excusable if they just forgot about the promise to no longer use your picture, but at the very least it doesn't seem like professional behaviour. But I fully understand being NOT happy. :mad: :evil: :wtf: ( Emoticons: What you must be feeling, not the tone of my comments. :lol: )
To follow that point, if you had official documentation relating your position, then you should bring it up with legal representation if you have any avalible cheep/free. I would think there would be various factors (legal and private) to them implying your association with them, not to mention that you could very well be responsible for all profits from this catalog to the next one! (something that could be a major point in a court setting, heck- your an "icon in the community"; we'll back you) Then again when working for them, you may have been subjected to giving up all rights to them using you how they wish.

Contracts are long, convaluted, and detailed for a reason, and when you know if the reverse were happening they would persue all angles... you might as well do the same. I guess its the principle.

honestly it dosent affect me in any way, so my interest is limited. However, I feel my thoughts are worthy of note.
Good Luck Hank
Chad Arnow wrote:
Folks,
Please trust that Hank will announce info when it is prudent to do so. If he had info he wanted to disseminate, he probably would have done so already.

Looks like Hank found it prudent to do so. Hank I want to thank you personally for starting MRL and bringing those wonderful catalogs to us all. These really fueled the fire in me to collect. I wish you all the luck with your new asociations and projects.

Joel Whtimore
I've split off the new company announcement posts from this topic and put them in their own topic in our makers's forum.

I've left this one here for general discussion about the original topic at hand: Hank's relationship with MRL.

cheers!
They still show Hank and that cutting test on their website too? Do they plan to remove that shortly as well?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: