Considering all of this week's latest additions, please rate the quality of our efforts.
Excellent
60%
 60%  [ 28 ]
Very Good
30%
 30%  [ 14 ]
Good
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Fair
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Poor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 46

May 15: myArmoury.com news and updates
Today's update:

[ Linked Image ]
Swords in the Virginia Muster of 1624/25
An article by Sean Flynt

[ Linked Image ]
E.B. Erickson Hanger
A hands-on review by Sean Flynt

[ Linked Image ]
Old Dominion Forge Clamshell Hanger

[ Linked Image ]
Del Tin 5174 Dussack

[ Linked Image ]
Wallpaper: Del Tin Dussack
Created by Nathan Robinson

As always, you can see our Complete History of Updates listed right from our home page.
Kudos to Sean for a great update. :) I don't know as much about later period weaponry; this group taught me a lot.

Nice work, Sean!
Many thanks! And thanks, also, to you and everybody else who aided research, editing, photography, page design, etc., or who extended their personal wait-time by allowing their weapons to pass through my hands for review. Nathan had a hand (or two) in every aspect of production and in two shipping transactions, so special thanks to him. :D
Chad Arnow wrote:
Kudos to Sean for a great update. :) I don't know as much about later period weaponry; this group taught me a lot.

I have to echo this, particularly when talking about Sean's article on the Virginia Muster. I'm a native Virginian who's always taken for granted this state's rich history as a kid in school, but as an adult now have a renewed interest in it. So fantastic work, Sean!
Now this was both an entertaining and educational update! Very nice to see some repros from this time-period and of this weapon-type. Thanks!
And as allways, the pictures are excellent!

Cheers,
Henrik
I love those hangers. Eljay always makes great stuff and I've always been intrigued by the swords over at Old Dominion Forge. Is it true that ODF has a very long waiting list for swords on the order of about 2 years?
Roger Hooper wrote:
...Is it true that ODF has a very long waiting list for swords on the order of about 2 years?
I recently corresponded with Kyle Willyard at Old Dominion Forge, and that is what he told me. He also said that he is not taking any new sword orders because of that backlog.
Kudos to Sean Flynt on an excellent set of reviews. We don't see much of dussacks, hangers and such on this site compared to other sword forms, so I think that they have been seriously under represented. After corresponding with Sean, and picking up some of his recommended books, I have come to really appreciate these swords.

(By the way, Sean, if you ever get tired of the E.B. Erickson hanger, please let me know. I'll be happy to help out!)

I now own the DT 5174 that Sean reviewed. I concur with all of Sean's comments (of course, he knows a great deal more than I on the the subject!). For all of its faults, I am very fond of the sword. Ever since I received it, of the dozen or so swords in my collection, this is the one that I am most likely to be found "inspecting" at any given time. Not only do I love the form of the sword, but also, it is such a beast that it is very forgiving of my klutzy ways - there is nothing that could inadvertently damage it.
I'm not surprised to hear that ODF has a long-ish wait. I had to wait awhile for the EBE hanger, but this made payment a snap. I was able to put away a few bucks now and then over a year rather than cough up the dough on short notice. Given the quality and uniqueness, I'm not at all bothered by a wait. I mean, how long have some folks been waiting for some Albion models?

Thanks for the positive feedback, folks!
I love the new reviews! Swords of this type are beautiful and drastically underrepresented and it is refreshing and inspiring to see some quality reproductions. Great updates!
Yeah, I'd shot ODF an e-mail asking for a quote, and Kyle said he wasn't taking any orders for the moment.
Great stuff all around Sean! Bloody Brilliant lad.

Cheers,

Bill
My kudos also go out to Sean for this update group. He did quite a lot of work to get these pieces together. He also happened to make it a quite easy on me, the production guy. Thanks, Sean.
This one was just for you, Bill :lol:

Thanks, Nathan!
Sean;

Absolutely top-notch stuff there! I really enjoy the info on the early Virginia Colony. I've been totally intreagued by it's history ever since the National Geographic issue came out on Wolstenholme town back in the early '80's, and this, along with the reviews, is a great appetizer! Thanks for linking to the Virtual Jamestown site, too. Tons of cool info to ferret out of that site!

And glad you liked my new hanger! :D

Keep up the good work!

Allons!

Gordon
This one was just for you, too, Gordon! :lol:

Thanks for the kind words!
Beautiful hangers and an excellent update Sean. You stirred my interest in hangers when I bought that MRL German Hanger from you. This update only makes it worse! ;)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: