Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > First scabbard: Del Tin 2162; 47 inches of carving fun! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Alex Oster

PostPosted: Sat 13 May, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: First scabbard: Del Tin 2162; 47 inches of carving fun!         Reply with quote

Well for my first I figured starting big would help.

I wanted to get a better understanding of what worked and didn't work, and be able to see it all in larger scale.

Also, I was going to be moving soon, so I wanted to secure this beastie before I acidentally cut something or one. Nice and tight fit though, and was mainly just time consuming..

All in all it worked as planned, but one unforeseen aspect happened: I lost my enthusiasm for a second Sad it was a big project...

Now for some final sanding and stain. I am thinking of adding side pieces to secure/protect/cover the flanges, but I may just add a leather strap w/ snap or buckle. Still deciding on all that, and since I am trying to sell the whole thing, I don't know how much time I will have left to finish it as imagined.

The pen is mightier than the sword, especially since it can get past security and be stabbed it into a jugular.
This site would be better if everytime I clicked submit... I got to hear a whip crack!
My collection: Various Blades & Conan related
Michal Plezia
Industry Professional

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Sat 13 May, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It looks good.Post pictures when it's finished too! Hm maybe I should try make one for my old sword....What wood do you use?
www.elchon.com

Polish Guild of Knifemakers

The sword is a weapon for killing, the art of the sword is the art of killing. No matter what fancy words you use or what titles you put to
it that is the only truth.
Alex Oster

PostPosted: Sat 13 May, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I made it about a year and a helf ago, but have been to busy to finish it. At this time, I don't recall what I wood I used. I was a home depot block though. Maybe oak... I had to sharpen my chisles a ton, I remember that...
The pen is mightier than the sword, especially since it can get past security and be stabbed it into a jugular.
This site would be better if everytime I clicked submit... I got to hear a whip crack!
My collection: Various Blades & Conan related

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > First scabbard: Del Tin 2162; 47 inches of carving fun!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic