Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: And here is the sword!
Robert B. Marks wrote:
Hi all!

I just got the word from Christian Fletcher - sword, scabbard, and belt are all ready, and shipping on Monday. This is one happy camper, let me tell you.

So, without further ado, the first of hopefully many pictures to come (this is the only one Christian has sent me so far), my Ranger Revisited/Borderwatch - the current front-runner for the name is "Watcher".

Best regards to all,

Robert Marks, poor but now VERY happy

Wow! :eek:

How did you get one so quickly?!?!

Do you know when Christian will be putting it up on his site?

Damn, that is beautiful!! I like Borderwatch better than the original! (The movie version that is :D )
Re: And here is the sword!
Robert Zamoida wrote:
Robert B. Marks wrote:
Hi all!

I just got the word from Christian Fletcher - sword, scabbard, and belt are all ready, and shipping on Monday. This is one happy camper, let me tell you.

So, without further ado, the first of hopefully many pictures to come (this is the only one Christian has sent me so far), my Ranger Revisited/Borderwatch - the current front-runner for the name is "Watcher".

Best regards to all,

Robert Marks, poor but now VERY happy

Wow! :eek:

How did you get one so quickly?!?!

Do you know when Christian will be putting it up on his site?

To answer the first question, I think it's just good timing (and being the first customer to order one, so it's possible that he needed my sword finished so that he could put the pictures up on the site in the first place). As for the second, hopefully soon...

Best to all,

Robert Marks, counting down the days...
Congratulations, Robert. The more I see the more I like. Will be very interested in your comments after you handle it.
And more pictures...
Hi all!

The other pictures from Christian Fletcher have arrived! These are comparative pictures - the sword with the oxblood handle is mine - and I have no idea of if the other one with the green handle is spoken for.

Best regards to all,

Robert Marks

Attachment: 23.28 KB
Borderwatches.JPG
Two Borderwatches, side by side

Attachment: 21.31 KB
Borderwatch Hilts.JPG
A close-up of the hilts
Christian, if you're reading this...

Great design on those hilts. The whole package looks fantastic.
Thanks Nathan

And to perhaps clear up a couple of questions: These two swords are the prototypes for Borderwatch and Robert happened to want one of the ensembles that I was already producing for photo purposes. The other Borderwatch (the green 1313) is also spoken for. However, I've already got a considerable workload on hand with the Redeemers, Ranger Kings, etc., so I won't be able to start production on Borderwatches until late this summer.

I won't immediately limit total production on this design, though I will be limiting the number of orders I accept for a given time period. This is to prevent having nothing but the same sword to produce for long stretches and will also leave my schedule open occasionally for new designs. I haven't yet decided on the limit for this first production run at the end of summer, but it will likely be ten or fifteen.
Christian Fletcher wrote:
Thanks Nathan

And to perhaps clear up a couple of questions: These two swords are the prototypes for Borderwatch and Robert happened to want one of the ensembles that I was already producing for photo purposes. The other Borderwatch (the green 1313) is also spoken for. However, I've already got a considerable workload on hand with the Redeemers, Ranger Kings, etc., so I won't be able to start production on Borderwatches until late this summer.

Ooh...I get a prototype!

POING POING POING POING POING POING POING POING... (read Sluggy Freelance and you'll get the reference)

Actually, I've already thanked Christian profusely for this, but I'll thank him again - he truly was wonderful to deal with (and he tolerated my constant inquisitiveness, which couldn't have been easy). He also made it possible for me to own my first Gus Trim by delivering with this timing (I'm heading back to school for another degree in September, and after that, I wouldn't be able to manage a purchase like this).

So, again, thanks Christian. I really do appreciate it.

Best regards to all, and particularly Christian,

Robert Marks
Kudos Christian. I'm very impressed with some of your latest work.
BorderwatchBorderwatchBorderwatchBorderwatchBorderwatch...

Sorry, couldn't help myself. ;)
The sword has arrived...

I can honestly say that this is the nicest sword I've ever seen. The antiqued furniture really does make it look like it's been in my family for around two centuries or so. The scabbard work is exquisite, and the sword is feather light.

I can't wait to actually do some proper handling of it...although I would kind of like to know when the oxblood dye will stop getting on my hands...

To misquote a sword review of the first ATrim/CF Ranger, songs and epics WILL be written about this sword!

Best regards to all,

Robert Marks
I'm very envious of you right now Robert,congrats.
Hey everyone
Hello everyone! This is an old thread. Curious if anyone is interested in selling their Boarder watch??

Cheers
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: