Anyone heard of Authentic Forgeries? Peter Farquar?
Anyone heard of Authentic Forgeries? Peter Farquar?

ive been to the ren fair recently and a couple of people raved about his work!!! ive never heard of him, never seen him on this site i even looked up his work....i couldnt find any.

what do you guys think? how good is his stuff??

thanks guys
It seems like I've vaguely heard the name before, it seems like I've worked on one of his swords before. It seems like he operates in the North East someplace Vermont maybe? Where did you attend this faire? I'll have to look at my records when I get home to be sure.

As a general note like so many artisans unless they have a web prescence they often do not exist to this community. That of course does not mean that they do not exist nor that they do not do great work. We often tend to forget that our little corner of the world is not the be all and end all of even the sword world. :)
He used to have website here: www.renaissanceinfo.com

But the link is now dead.
ahhhh
i actully attended this faire in Cali, the ren faire in Irwindale to be exact.... i saw some of his work i wasnt overly impressed, but im know expert so i thought someone might know?

you may of did some work on one of his blades? what did u think? (if you can remember)
Re: ahhhh
Mathew Morris wrote:
i actully attended this faire in Cali, the ren faire in Irwindale to be exact.... i saw some of his work i wasnt overly impressed, but im know expert so i thought someone might know?

you may of did some work on one of his blades? what did u think? (if you can remember)

Nuts. I forgot to look at my records last night to double check my memory. I therefore hate to say anything in case I've got the wrong guy. Let me see what I can find. The sword I worked on had a dark brown leather handle wrap that was then spirally wrapped with twisted copper wire and had a large bronze or brass pommel.... does any of that sound like what you saw?
Peter Farquar used to be in Long Beach, CA. Used to see him at the Long Beach Renn Faire. I do not think he does much bladework anymore.

He uses the same foundry I use for various casting projects.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: