For Sale: AT/CF 2103 custom leaf blade with scabbard
This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Hi all,
I have an 8 month old baby, a wedding in two weeks, and I just lost my job. I need to part with one of my prized possessions to make ends meet for my family. Your help is appreciated:

Sword and Scabbard: $1300.00 CONUS, shipping included, via PayPal

Sword details:
Purchased from Christian Fletcher 1/26/2006
Info on invoice:
MS-2103: AT-2103 Leafblade
Guard 6: Type 6 Guard, curved
Antique: Antiqued fittings hilt
Heavy cord: Heavy corded grip, brown
Original purchase price in 2006: $565.00

Sword specs/condition (approx.):
OAL: 38"
blade length: 29.75"
hilt length: 8"
grip length: 6"
COP: at widest part of blade (approx. 19-20")
POB: approx. 5"
Steel/finish: Angus Trim standard: 5160, differentially heat-treated, sharp!
Assembly: recessed hex nut.
Hilt finish: original 'antiquing' came off when I polished the hilt-furniture. Currently, medium-bright polished steel.

A very well balanced cutting sword with good point for thrust.
Sold back when SFI had their 'museum store' (hence, 'MS-2103' in item name). They were marketing these as Tameshigiri certified (for test cutting on tatami).

Excellent/good condition:
Straight as an arrow, no warps or twists. Excellent flex and stiffness.
Dry handled only with the following minor cosmetic flaws:
-- slight surface pitting on one side of blade near POB, and 2-3 other small spots.
-- minute ding in edge near tip which has been 90% sharpened/polished away.
-- minor cosmetic tarnish/pitting in a few spots on the hilt furniture.
I include these details because I am extremely conscious/nick-picky about things I purchase.
This sword is in at least as good condition as most swords you would buy new.
It is in about 90-95% condition of when it arrived seven years ago - minor flaws are cosmetic only. The sword is rock-solid, with a high quality custom scabbard by me. This sword has traveled with me to Renaissance festivals throughout the country, and received much praise and admiration.

I will include the original paid invoice if you ever have any guarantee/warranty issues with AT/CF, and for collectible documentation.
The sword and scabbard will ship in the original hard gun-case I received it in, insured up to the total sale price.
I will also include an Allen wrench of the correct size for the hex-nut assembly.

Scabbard:
Design, tooling, assembly and finishing by Reagh Greenleaf Jr., completed in 2009. Original oak-leaf/interlace motif; triscele and crescent moon design at throat; Horned God w/oak leaf beard design at chape. 50+ hours of design and handcrafting.
Welt construction, waxed linen stitching, beeswax burnished edges, simple belt frog.
Retail price (time and materials): $650.00

Total price:
Normally, I would ask for significantly higher than my purchase price of the sword, since AT/CF are no longer working together, and no one can get Angus Trim-made swords in any reasonable sort of turn-around time. However, due to the less than 110% new condition, and the fact that I really need the money for my family, I'll call it $650 for the sword and $650 for the scabbard:
$1300.00 USD

Possibly open to bargaining, or small amount of trade depending on what you have to offer. I mostly need the cash.
Thanks, hope to hear from you.
Reagh

Attachment: 212.97 KB
leaf blade - scabbard.gif

Attachment: 210.34 KB
art shot.gif

Attachment: 242.36 KB
hilt.gif

Attachment: 239.72 KB
disassembled hilt.gif

Attachment: 176.17 KB
sword in scabbard.gif

Attachment: 44.98 KB
throat and basic frog.gif

Attachment: 29.54 KB
CF leafblade sword pic.jpg
Original photo from Christian Fletcher (once appeared on his website). Antiquing on hilt has been polished away.
This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Send PM to discuss price; also willing to ship internationally - which may affect price.
Thanks

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: