This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Vince Evans Early Scottish Dirk

I really hate to sell this, but my interest as a collector isn't like it once was. I'm raising funds for other projects.

[ Linked Image ]
Click image for larger photo

Scottish — Late 18th Century

This dirk has a hilt of English walnut, featuring deeply carved knotwork and haunches inspired by early ballock daggers. The blade is a heavy wedge-shape, having a spine of over 1/2" thick tapering sharply to its edge. A sharpened back-edge extends about 6" from the tip. The tang passes through a button resting on top of the antique bronze butt-cap of the hilt.

The scabbard is made of wet-formed vegetable tanned leather and is incised with decorative lines.

[ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ]
Click image for larger photos

Overall length: 15.875"
Weight: 12 ounces; 14 ounces with scabbard
Width of guard: 1.625"
Blade: 11.125" long; 1.5" wide at its base
Hilt: 4.125" long

This is a premier item by a premier maker not taking commissions any longer. Vince Evans is known for his dirks and, as far as I know, this is the only one quite like this. It's unique with its half-inch thick spine. He may make another some day, but getting it in your hands wouldn't be an easy thing. I'm pricing it for what I believe it to be worth.

ASKING PRICE: $850 plus shipping

I prefer PayPal. The 3% PayPal fee is included in price.

Questions or comments can be Private Messaged to me here on myArmoury.com or via email.

[ Linked Image ]