Good price?
Hi, I was offered to buy a longsword from a guy here in Uppsala. Itīs made by Patrick Barta and he want about 760 dollars for it? Is it a really good price or not? I really liked the sword, but itīs still a bit of money for me.

Thanks for your help.

Best wishes/ Mathias
Show us some pics! It would be easier to know then.

Martin
I donīt have any pics of the sword :( But i have mailed the owner and said that i will buy it :D :D
I will post pics when i get it.

Best wishes/ Mathias
Mathias Andersson wrote:
I donīt have any pics of the sword But i have mailed the owner and said that i will buy it
I will post pics when i get it.
Mr. Barta is certainly a highly regarded smith! We will be interested in seeing the photos of your new sword.
We have reviews of two Patrick Barta/Templ swords on our reviews pages. You can see what our reviewers thought of his work. Barta's website shows his current prices, too, so you should be able to judge their value.

The Templ sword I saw and handled briefly (those are my photos on the Celtic sword review and in Nate Bell's collectio gallery) was very well constructed and beautiful. Getting one of his longswords for $760 (I'm assuming that's USD) would probably be a good deal.

And yes, we need pics. :)
Please post pics of it when you get it!
Itīs made after the original pictured in Oakeshotts Records of the Medieval Sword on page. 212
You should be jumping on that with both feet!! In other words yes it's a steal at that price.
The original sword Mathias is refering to is the Bayerische Type XX:
http://www.myArmoury.com/view.html?features/pic_spotxx06.jpg
http://www.myArmoury.com/feature_spotxx.html

I will echo Russ' statement. That is an excelent price of any of Patrick Barta's work particularly one based on that original.

Alex
Yes indeed, in fact if you get it and decide you don't like it send me an email or a p.m.... I wouldn't want you to keep something you didn't want.... ;)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: