Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Dirk Stolen In Post Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
GG Osborne

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 24 Mar, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Dirk Stolen In Post         Reply with quote

I hope all of you will forgive this somewhat personal post, but I am hoping that someone in the arms collection and sttudy fraternity can give me a hand. Last October, I ordered an engraved model "D3" Dirk from Pavel Neuman at Armart in the Czech Republic. I received a picture of the completed dirk in December and information that it had been completed and sent to the US via insured post. When the box arrived, it had clearly been tampered with and the dirk was missing. Even though the package was insured in the Czech Republic, Armart has not been helpful in making a claim insisting that the theft must be reported in the US - which doesn't seem to make much sense. I did obtain the documents Armart requested and sent them to Pavel who then informed me that his post office cannot read English...so there the trail stops with yours truly out over $700. Please assist me by being on the lookout for an Armart model "D3" early Scottish dirk. The distinguishing feature - and clearly unique as far as I know - is the legend "Thy King and Country's Cause Defend Though On The Spot Your Life Should End" engraved in simple block letters on the length of one side of the blade. If anyone knows of this dirk or may come across it for sale, please inform me as I would be very appreciative of the assistance. I understand that Pavel Neuman has been rather ill lately (explaining the lack of response to my emails) but if anyone has contact with him or Pavel Moc, I would appreciate it if they could be informed of my need to communicate with them Thanks for your patience and assistance. Glenn Osborne
Thomas McDonald
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Sat 25 Mar, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your loss, GG .
I wish you luck in getting some compensation from them!

Can you post up the picture you have of the completed dirk ?
(I'd like to see the engraved inscription !)

Meanwhile, here are a few pics of a Armart D3 from their site !

Mac
Derek Estabrook

PostPosted: Sat 25 Mar, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Missing Dirk         Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your loss. I guess on a side note, its probably a good word of warning to those who are having a blade made / sent from outside the U.S. I guess be careful especially when dealing with Armart.

Maybe they should put a picture of it on a milk carton. We need good blades. Children?? We're overpopulated anyway.
Not serious. Don't send me death threats. I do know how to use a sword, but some of you might own guns and my armor of proof is in the shop.
W. Schütz
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 26 Mar, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ahh loosing a custom-made dagger is a loss not easily overcome...my sinsere condolences to mr Osborne.
Gentes scitote,
vicine sive remote,
quod claret Suecia
plebeque militia.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Dirk Stolen In Post
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic