Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > MRL Gothic armour functionality Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Peter Fuller
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 11 Mar, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: MRL Gothic armour functionality         Reply with quote

I'm probably going to open a can of worms here, but I just got back from Atlanta, where I participated in a new video for MRL by doing a sword fight sequence wearing some of their gothic armour. I wore the sallet, pauldrons, vambraces, gauntlets, and a pair of gothic cuishes I made for them to finish off the gothic components they already sell. I also wore one of their 'brigandines'.

I know that there has been some mention on another thread about how this armour does not function very well, but I was pleasantly surprised at how well it actually did work. I've been fighting with rebated weapons since 1997, so I have some experience fighting in full armour, full mail, etc., and the MRL components I wore worked fine, including the gauntlets. Now some of you may say, 'they probably fixed them up for the video shoot'. Not so; they cracked them right out of their boxes and handed them to me to put on. You may also say, 'well you make prototypes for them, so of course you are going to endorse their armour.' Again, not so. I am simply making an honest observation from my experience. I'm not saying that all of their armour will function as well as the pieces I wore, because they are hand-made, after all, but for the price they are asking, this is good, and in my experience, functional armour. BTW, I have an average build, so if you are shorter/smaller, or taller/bigger, then you may run into problems. But for average guys, I would say this armour would suit you reasonably well.
Alexander Ren

PostPosted: Sat 11 Mar, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Peter,

Are you refering to the thread I started ( http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=5963 )? If so, then it is nice to know that MRL is actually making the changes you told us that you suggested to them.

Do you know if and when the video will be released? Will it be on MRL's site? I am looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks for letting us know... Alex

Last edited by Alexander Ren on Thu 16 Mar, 2006 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sat 11 Mar, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Back when I was a Windlass dealer (almost 10 years ago?), I saw a ton of variance to their armour pieces both in shape and form and also in functionality. Today, I encourage people to give it a shot and hope that they get something that works for them. Typical Windlass dealers like Museum Replicas have very good return policies and this facilitates this method pretty well.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > MRL Gothic armour functionality
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic